Toon Theuwis (X)
Toon Theuwis (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:39
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 26, 2016

Hi,

Before translating a large text, I like to see which terms are frequently used. Found this tool to extract multi-word terminology from a text (pdf or txt): http://www.nactem.ac.uk/software/termine/#form
I love it. I can then copy the results to Excel or anything else.

With this list, I'd like to see if there are any matches with my termbases. I know I ca
... See more
Hi,

Before translating a large text, I like to see which terms are frequently used. Found this tool to extract multi-word terminology from a text (pdf or txt): http://www.nactem.ac.uk/software/termine/#form
I love it. I can then copy the results to Excel or anything else.

With this list, I'd like to see if there are any matches with my termbases. I know I can do this as I'm translating (I use Trados), but I'd like to choose from all the options and synonyms before translating, so as to stay consistent from the very beginning. How can I automatically find matches after this terminology mining? So I would end up with a terminology list that is specific for the project before I start translating.

Thanks,

Toon
Collapse

Eugene Kuchynski
Eugene Kuchynski
Belarus
Local time: 21:39
English to Russian
Using Excel Oct 26, 2016

Can offer semi-manual process. Insert all the the terms into Excel (exported from termbase and extracted by the tool, into different columns), select all and click Conditional formatting - Repeating values (or something like that - I have Russian version). So it could highlight what is repeated.

Maybe there is more easy way, but at least this is one of variants.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology: extract and match against database

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »