Joana Polonia
Joana Polonia  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 2, 2016

Dear translators,

I'm working on a subtitling project for a client. The software I have is Lemony 5, which allows me to do everything, including to apply black boxes behind the text. I usually save the project as .lm5, but for this task the client asked me to save it as .pac or .stl
The text is just fine, but when I open the subtitle in another software, the .stl doesn't show the black box I've created and also the .pac shows "(i) (/i)" for italics, when it shouldn't.
Is
... See more
Dear translators,

I'm working on a subtitling project for a client. The software I have is Lemony 5, which allows me to do everything, including to apply black boxes behind the text. I usually save the project as .lm5, but for this task the client asked me to save it as .pac or .stl
The text is just fine, but when I open the subtitle in another software, the .stl doesn't show the black box I've created and also the .pac shows "(i) (/i)" for italics, when it shouldn't.
Is it normal? What should I do to avoid this? Thank you.
Collapse

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:40
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Nov 3, 2016

Joana Polonia wrote:

Dear translators,

Is it normal? What should I do to avoid this? Thank you.

Hi Joana,

Either Lemony has a faulty STL/PAC export or the other tool has a faulty STL/PAC import. Try to use yet another tool to open the files and see whichever is the case.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lemony 5: problems converting

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »