Thread poster: Merab Dekano
Nicolas Bianchi
Nicolas Bianchi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:22
English to French
+ ...
Sad story... Mar 5, 2021

While still studying at the ETI, I made a comparison between Trados and DejaVu. The second one won hands down.
The companies I worked fore never used it, but I was willing to give it a go when I started to work freelance.
When I downloaded X3 for the last time in order to test it once more - that was back in June 2018 - I got soon after a phone call from a "sales rep" - a young Frenchman (a student hired for this purpose I thought - in reality an Atril trainee in International Busine
... See more
While still studying at the ETI, I made a comparison between Trados and DejaVu. The second one won hands down.
The companies I worked fore never used it, but I was willing to give it a go when I started to work freelance.
When I downloaded X3 for the last time in order to test it once more - that was back in June 2018 - I got soon after a phone call from a "sales rep" - a young Frenchman (a student hired for this purpose I thought - in reality an Atril trainee in International Business Development according to his LinkedIn profile) - who wanted to convince me to buy X3, telling me that I would get X4 for free when it would come out a few months later...

Well, here we are, nearly three years later, and there’s still nothing on the table!
Collapse

Peter Kovacik
Peter Kovacik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:22
Arabic to English
Same story... Mar 6, 2021

I recently downloaded a trial version of Déjà Vu, and I received an email from the sales representative saying, “We will be launching the new version of Déjà-Vu in 2021.” However, no other details were given, and the X4 link on the Déjà Vu site does not open a new page.

Victor Murray
Victor Murray
Japan
Local time: 13:22
Japanese to English
DVX 4 Mar 7, 2021

I have used DVX for many years now and I believe it is still better than the rest despite the fact that we are still with DVX 3. I also use Atril's TeamServer. My understanding is that the release of DVX 4 is consistently delayed by some of the surprises thrown up by Microsoft since the initial release of Windows 10. The longer I use DVX, the more I get out of it. Their customer service is second to none and the product gives better bang for your buck than any others so I will continue to use i... See more
I have used DVX for many years now and I believe it is still better than the rest despite the fact that we are still with DVX 3. I also use Atril's TeamServer. My understanding is that the release of DVX 4 is consistently delayed by some of the surprises thrown up by Microsoft since the initial release of Windows 10. The longer I use DVX, the more I get out of it. Their customer service is second to none and the product gives better bang for your buck than any others so I will continue to use it even if the new version is on a subscription system.Collapse

Yolanda Broad

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Atril Dead?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »