Thread poster: Urs Wolffers
Urs Wolffers
Urs Wolffers
Switzerland
Local time: 13:50
French to German
+ ...
Feb 16, 2018

Good morning everybody I am Swiss and have a Swiss keyboard, this doesn't have a ß and if I need this character I use a macro of phraseexpress. This works fine when writing this text (google chrome) or in any windows software besides cafetran. I can put in the ß as usual, but the whole existing text disappears. My shortcut for ß is ctrl§. Any ideas? Mit freundlichen Grü

ß

en Urs

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
ß Feb 16, 2018

Perhaps you can try with AutoHotkey? Or try to define another keyboard shortcut in PhraseExpress? It looks like PhraseExpress generates a CTRL+A (select all) first.

[Edited at 2018-02-16 12:50 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
-- Feb 16, 2018

--

[Edited at 2018-02-16 12:48 GMT]

Urs Wolffers
Urs Wolffers
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Shortcut modified Feb 16, 2018

Hello Hans I changed the shortcut to ctrl F12 and: NOTHING HAPPENS (no character in cafetran and correct character in word) so I think that there is a general incompatibility and I will try autohotkey. Have a great weekend

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Alt + 0223 ? Feb 16, 2018

Hi, did you try the Alt + 0223 combination? It works well on my keyboard, and a ß is not so frequent... So, just use it!

Mit besten Grüßen

Olivier Anh
Olivier Anh
Switzerland
English to French
+ ...
ß on mac keyboard Dec 27, 2018

Gruezi

In case you are on a mac, ß is available directly on the swiss keyboard using Alt + s

[Edited at 2018-12-27 09:11 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Swiss keyboard in Cafetran

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »