FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:27
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe Jan 12, 2018

Zaki Jawich wrote:

Thank you, Mr. Farkas, for this fantastic tool.

Can you make it so it supports Right-to-Left languages, such as Arabic?

When I insert an English-Arabic TMX, the tool reverses the Arabic text.

I'll give an example, in English, to clarify the matter:

It shows "you are How .Hi" instead of, "Hi. How are you?"

Thank you in advance.
Zaki

Others have already asked about that. It's not a trivial issue but I will look into it. If I implement it it won't be perfect, but it will hopefully be usable.

Zaki Jawich
Zaki Jawich  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:27
Member (2016)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thanks. Jan 20, 2018

FarkasAndras wrote:

Others have already asked about that. It's not a trivial issue but I will look into it. If I implement it it won't be perfect, but it will hopefully be usable.

Thank you, Mr. Farkas.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:27
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
getting warning message: Can't execute insert query: out of memory (when importing TMXs) in TMLookup Jun 6, 2018

Hi András,

For reasons I explain in great detail @ https://www.proz.com/forum/hardware/325813-okay_finally_bought_myself_a_fanless_100_silent_laptop_4_work_venom_blackbook_zero_14_review.html … I recently switched to using a lower powered laptop for work, which also has less RAM tha
... See more
Hi András,

For reasons I explain in great detail @ https://www.proz.com/forum/hardware/325813-okay_finally_bought_myself_a_fanless_100_silent_laptop_4_work_venom_blackbook_zero_14_review.html … I recently switched to using a lower powered laptop for work, which also has less RAM than my previous laptop. I had 32GB, and now have "only" 16GB. Anyway, I have occasionally been getting the following warning message in TMLookup (v1.54) when importing TMXs (of around 500-600MB):

Can't execute insert query: out of memory

I can click it away and the program merrily continues importing the TMX. However, I was just wondering what exactly is going on, and if the program will be missing any TUs.

Btw, I checked the System Information dialogue (in Win10) and I still have a bit of RAM to spare.

Michael

PS: the little black window says:

Use of uninitialized value $1 in concatenation (.) or string at script/Lookup_2016_01_08.pl line 3383, line 7167409.
DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: out of memory at script/Lookup_2016_01_08.pl line 2632, line 133288.
DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: out of memory at script/Lookup_2016_01_08.pl line 2632, line 257286.
DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: out of memory at script/Lookup_2016_01_08.pl line 2632, line 385502.
DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: out of memory at script/Lookup_2016_01_08.pl line 2632, line 524738.

… and TMLookup just died on me. Just closed all by itself. At least i think it did. Might have clicked a window by mistake, but I don't think I did.

Oh yeah, my .db file is now 35GB.

[Edited at 2018-06-06 18:45 GMT]
Collapse

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Odd Jun 7, 2018

That's interesting.
Try importing a large TMX and monitoring memory usage in the task manager. If it's extreme (say, larger than the size of the source TMX) I can look into optimising the process.
The error message is really odd, as line 2632 is $imported++ - i.e. all it does is add one to the counter variable that keeps track of how many segments were imported. That's the last operation I would expect to be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
hmm Jun 7, 2018

OK, so I managed to import a TMX with 3,000,000 entries (542 MB), but had to click away the memory warning dialogue 22 times:

Capture

I will try another omne and see what happens.

Michael

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
same warning messages on my powerful laptop (with 32GB) Jun 7, 2018

Weird. I just tried the same thing on my old laptop, the super powerful one, and am gettng the same memory warnings. Not sure what is going on.

Michael

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I have to click away the memory warning dialogue every 10,000 TUs :-( Jun 15, 2018

I've had to temporarily stop importing my TMs as I have to click away the memory warning dialogue every 10,000 TUs. Any idea if you can figure out what's going on here?

Capture

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DB Jun 15, 2018

From the screenshot it looks like your db contains 77 million TUs. My guess is that the database engine is not memory efficient at this scale, which is excusable IMO... That is a lot of stuff to juggle. It has to update the search indexes during the import, and I'm guessing it reads a lot of stuff into memory. If it doesn't fit, you must... quit?
Can you test importing the same TMX into a small or empty DB?
Monitor how much RAM TMLookup is using in each scenario if you can. BTW, how
... See more
From the screenshot it looks like your db contains 77 million TUs. My guess is that the database engine is not memory efficient at this scale, which is excusable IMO... That is a lot of stuff to juggle. It has to update the search indexes during the import, and I'm guessing it reads a lot of stuff into memory. If it doesn't fit, you must... quit?
Can you test importing the same TMX into a small or empty DB?
Monitor how much RAM TMLookup is using in each scenario if you can. BTW, how large is the db file?

Most likely, the solution would be for me to implement searching multiple db files at once. Whether I ever get around to doing that is anyone's guess.

[Edited at 2018-06-15 21:11 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
here you go! Jun 20, 2018

FarkasAndras wrote:

From the screenshot it looks like your db contains 77 million TUs. [correct] My guess is that the database engine is not memory efficient at this scale, which is excusable IMO... That is a lot of stuff to juggle. It has to update the search indexes during the import, and I'm guessing it reads a lot of stuff into memory. If it doesn't fit, you must... quit?
Can you test importing the same TMX into a small or empty DB? [OK!]
Monitor how much RAM TMLookup is using in each scenario if you can. [(1) Importing into empty db (completes fine): Working set: 600 MB; Peak working set: 655 MB; CPU: 22; Total RAM: 16 GB, Currently using 8 GB. (2) Importing into BIG db: Working set: 890 MB; Peak working set: 977 MB; CPU: 23; Total RAM: 16 GB, Currently using 9 GB. When the Working set gets to about 800-900 MB, I get the error!]
BTW, how large is the db file? [35 GB]

Most likely, the solution would be for me to implement searching multiple db files at once. Whether I ever get around to doing that is anyone's guess.

[Edited at 2018-06-15 21:11 GMT]

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
small feature request Jun 21, 2018

It would be nice if the "Display additional columns" + "Adjust columns to fill window" settings were remembered when switching between different databases using the keyboard shortcuts (F1, F2, etc.).

Michael

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Oh oh TMLookup seems to be broken. Oct 8, 2018

Oh oh TMLookup seems to be broken. When I launch it, it and immediately closes. No way to start it.

Could be a coincidence, but this started happening after I updated to the latest and greatest Win10 update a few days ago. Anyone else having problems?

Michael

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope Oct 9, 2018

I haven't heard of any issues. My win10 is not fully up to date thouh, and MS doesn't necessarily roll out updates simultaneously to everyone anyway, so it may crop up.
In the meantime, please try and capture the error. It probably won't tell us anything, but it's worth trying. Open a command prompt window, drag and drop the exe into it and see what messages you get.

Most likely a) something got screwed up on your computer during the update or b) as part of the update, MS brok
... See more
I haven't heard of any issues. My win10 is not fully up to date thouh, and MS doesn't necessarily roll out updates simultaneously to everyone anyway, so it may crop up.
In the meantime, please try and capture the error. It probably won't tell us anything, but it's worth trying. Open a command prompt window, drag and drop the exe into it and see what messages you get.

Most likely a) something got screwed up on your computer during the update or b) as part of the update, MS broke compatibility with some software element that is packaged in TMLookup. I think b) has happened before and it was fairly easy to fix. Of course it could also be c) other random cause, such as antivirus, HDD corruption etc.

[Edited at 2018-10-09 16:38 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
aha, it's Perl Oct 9, 2018

FarkasAndras wrote:

Most likely a) something got screwed up on your computer during the update or b) as part of the update, MS broke compatibility with some software element that is packaged in TMLookup. I think b) has happened before and it was fairly easy to fix. Of course it could also be c) other random cause, such as antivirus, HDD corruption etc.

[Edited at 2018-10-09 16:38 GMT]

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> D:\Programs\TMLookup\TMLookup.exe
Attempt to reload DynaLoader.pm aborted.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/XSLoader.pm line 99.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 266.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 266.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm line 133.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm line 133.
Compilation failed in require at -e line 351.
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Seems Perl got screwed up somehow. I will try to fix it myself and report back.

Michael

(Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 1809, OS build 17763.1)

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DynaLoader Oct 11, 2018

That error tells me about as much as I expected... zilch.
Perl is packaged into the .exe so even if you have perl installed on your system, I don't think the system perl is used by TML. What you could do if you have perl is to try and run the .pl instead of the .exe. You would need to install
... See more
That error tells me about as much as I expected... zilch.
Perl is packaged into the .exe so even if you have perl installed on your system, I don't think the system perl is used by TML. What you could do if you have perl is to try and run the .pl instead of the .exe. You would need to install a bunch of modules.
Here's a .pl: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1354FxcEbewKCKZRDys7jWz9s4pXzEZN9

Generally it's not worth bothering with running the .pl directly. The possible upsides are a quicker program launch and the ability to customize the program. And of course in this case, possibly getting it to run at all.
Collapse

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new exe Oct 22, 2018

Here's a newly compiled exe. Perhaps it fixes your isse: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18P9-XRPJ8K5tBL_yNb2bciFw8KwL5czH

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TMLookup

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »