Off topic: Have I chosen the wrong profession? ("costumers")
Thread poster: Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 07:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 8, 2016

Lately I have been seeing a lot of information on the Internet about a career that seems to offer a lot of perks.

A surprising number of websites (which appear to be translated into English) mention special services offered to "costumers".

From airlines, to hotels, to retail shops, to restaurants, there is a lot of talk about "costumer care", "costumer service", or "special services to costumers". Some people even seem to have a philosophy that "th
... See more
Lately I have been seeing a lot of information on the Internet about a career that seems to offer a lot of perks.

A surprising number of websites (which appear to be translated into English) mention special services offered to "costumers".

From airlines, to hotels, to retail shops, to restaurants, there is a lot of talk about "costumer care", "costumer service", or "special services to costumers". Some people even seem to have a philosophy that "the costumer is always right".

Although I'm no expert on the theatre, it sounds like it would be nice to be a "costumer" to take advantage of these benefits. How does one get into that field?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2016-01-08 22:32 GMT]
Collapse

laurgi
laurgi  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:37
German to French
Arentcha just sick of it? Jan 8, 2016

In cycling fora, german people often wright "Narbe" instead of "Nabe", "abriegeln" instead of "abregeln"

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 07:37
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
What gets me is... Jan 8, 2016

...getting offers from transaltors.

Orrin Cummins
Orrin Cummins  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 20:37
Japanese to English
+ ...
Hmm.. Jan 9, 2016

NancyLynn wrote:

Is that the cousin of trans fat?

Susan Ruusunen
Susan Ruusunen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:37
English to Finnish
+ ...
From start to Fin[n]ish (sic) Mar 25, 2016

NancyLynn wrote:

I keep getting offers - often from translation (transaltion?) agencies - to translate from English to Finish.
Naturally, I'll finish the job I take, but surely they want it in Finnish.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:37
Member (2008)
Italian to English
So long as... Mar 25, 2016

Susan Ruusunen wrote:

NancyLynn wrote:

I keep getting offers - often from translation (transaltion?) agencies - to translate from English to Finish.
Naturally, I'll finish the job I take, but surely they want it in Finnish.

It's ok so long as you're not available momentarily.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have I chosen the wrong profession? ("costumers")

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »