File freezes on opening. Is it because of preview?
Thread poster: Yehua Jiang
Yehua Jiang
Yehua Jiang
Germany
Local time: 03:22
Member (2015)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 28, 2017

I have memoQ 8.1. I'm working on a server project and there is this file that whenever I tried to open it for translation, there will be a big chance (not 100%, but about 60%-70%) it freezes and I have to kill the process in my Windows' process manager and restart memoQ.

It is driving me crazy because there are much bigger files from the same project and I can open them without any problem. I tried repairing resources but it didn't help. At last I turned off preview, which seems so
... See more
I have memoQ 8.1. I'm working on a server project and there is this file that whenever I tried to open it for translation, there will be a big chance (not 100%, but about 60%-70%) it freezes and I have to kill the process in my Windows' process manager and restart memoQ.

It is driving me crazy because there are much bigger files from the same project and I can open them without any problem. I tried repairing resources but it didn't help. At last I turned off preview, which seems solved the problem, but it does feel weird as the preview also works fine for other large files of the same project.

BTW when I turn on preview(and luckily not freeze the file), it takes more time to upload (it shows "uploading...") than other files. I just wonder if there is some unique reason for it.

[修改时间: 2017-08-28 02:05 GMT]
Collapse

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 04:22
German to English
+ ...
Obviously Aug 28, 2017

Yehua Jiang wrote:

It is driving me crazy because there are much bigger files from the same project and I can open them without any problem. I tried repairing resources but it didn't help. At last I turned off preview, which seems solved the problem, but it does feel weird as the preview also works fine for other large files of the same project.

BTW when I turn on preview(and luckily not freeze the file), it takes more time to upload (it shows "uploading...") than other files. I just wonder if there is some unique reason for it.

[修改时间: 2017-08-28 02:05 GMT]

the file is corrupted. You should contact the client.

Good luck

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File freezes on opening. Is it because of preview?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »