Thread poster: BMarkiewicz
BMarkiewicz
BMarkiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:36
Polish to English
+ ...
Sep 11, 2017

MemoQ (any version) does not want to launch on my computer (Windows 10). After MemoQ 2015 froze during a translation, I restarted Windows. This usually resolves most issues, however neither version of MemoQ that I had (2013 or 2015) would open, I would only get a general error message with the following content:

TYPE:
MemoQ.Activator.ActivatorException

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Collector

CALL STACK:
... See more
MemoQ (any version) does not want to launch on my computer (Windows 10). After MemoQ 2015 froze during a translation, I restarted Windows. This usually resolves most issues, however neither version of MemoQ that I had (2013 or 2015) would open, I would only get a general error message with the following content:

TYPE:
MemoQ.Activator.ActivatorException

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Collector

CALL STACK:
em MemoQ.Activator.Activator.pInit(ProductGroups productGroup, Boolean tsManager, Edition requestedEdition)
em MemoQ.ActivatorStartupController.Initialize()
em MemoQ.MainWindow.Main(String[] args)

I am convinced this has to do with a corrupt file. I have tried deleting the Preferences.xml file in the Roaming folder as well with no success. Any advice would be appreciated!
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:36
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Reinstall Sep 12, 2017

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling? This will usually fix corrupted file problems. Be sure to create a restore point first.

indeedless
indeedless
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:36
English to Russian
Try erasing C:\ProgramData\MemoQ Oct 8, 2017

Hello, just received the same kind of problem.

Simple uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work. So I've tried removing C:\ProgramData\MemoQ folder and reinstalled MemoQ.
Please let me know, if this works for you.

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Delete license files Apr 17, 2019

Just had this error today, and while uninstalling/reinstalling did not help, removing the license files (License<nn>.dat) from ProgramData\MemoQ did. Thanks indeedless for the tip!

[Bearbeitet am 2019-04-17 09:57 GMT]

Hazel Underwood
yinnyann

Marie-Paule Cadi
Marie-Paule Cadi  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
It works :) Jul 11, 2020

Thanks Indeedless and Endre. You saved my day! I deleted licence files.

Petra Turmisov
Petra Turmisov  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2014)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Oct 22, 2020

Deleting the license dat files worked for me too, thanks to you guys and MemoQ's prompt customer support.

[Edited at 2020-10-23 08:57 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-10-23 08:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ does not launch - Activator version mismatch

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »