Export translated document while keeping pictures in target language
Thread poster: LisaS
LisaS
LisaS
Germany
Oct 11, 2017

Hi everyone,

in future, I'll have to use memoQ not only for translating text, but will also need the exported file to contain screenshots of a software in the target language.
The source is a German Word file, filled with text and pictures that are not linked to some storage location, but are directly in the Word file.
Now of course I'll replace all illustrations in the exported document, English version, one time.
My question is: If I now make changes to the so
... See more
Hi everyone,

in future, I'll have to use memoQ not only for translating text, but will also need the exported file to contain screenshots of a software in the target language.
The source is a German Word file, filled with text and pictures that are not linked to some storage location, but are directly in the Word file.
Now of course I'll replace all illustrations in the exported document, English version, one time.
My question is: If I now make changes to the source file and want to use memoQ for translation, is there any chance that not the entire document is used for the output, but that my exchanged pictures in the target language file remain? I really do not want to be obliged to replace all the pictures again after getting my exported file with German pictures inside. I also do not want to track which changes were made to the German document and then have additional manual steps to extract only the new sections etc.
Does anyone know if this is possible in memoQ - and how?
Thanks for your feedback!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export translated document while keeping pictures in target language

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »