Spamalot
Austria
Local time: 20:58
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 13, 2018

Hi all,
I have a really strange and very annoying problem in the just downloaded new version of MemoQ 8.4.6:

In a really large project, I type super fast into the target segment (content is on the banal side) and while I do so, the cursor simply jumps anywhere it wants in the same segment and starts overtyping what I have. I cannot force this error to occur by pressing, e.g. Shift + whatnot, it is completely random.

When it happens, I also get an "Internal applica
... See more
Hi all,
I have a really strange and very annoying problem in the just downloaded new version of MemoQ 8.4.6:

In a really large project, I type super fast into the target segment (content is on the banal side) and while I do so, the cursor simply jumps anywhere it wants in the same segment and starts overtyping what I have. I cannot force this error to occur by pressing, e.g. Shift + whatnot, it is completely random.

When it happens, I also get an "Internal application error TYPE: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeE" -- googled for that and it has nothing to do with importing documents or similar in my case. The documents were provided on a server and I simply checked them out.

What my client now thought was that maybe it's a compatibility issue because I didn't have the issue with my previous version 8.3 or something. They are running MemoQ of 2015. I have tried reinstalling, I have deleted and re-checked out the project, and upon suggestion from Kilgray support, I did what they call a "GUI reset". The reset worked for that one day, now it is back to the same thing again

Has anyone else had this issue or maybe in touch with kind spirits from the Netherworld who might be able to tell why this is? It is incredibly annoying. THANKS!!

Spamalot

[Edited at 2018-04-13 10:31 GMT]
Collapse

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:58
German to Turkish
+ ...
touchpad? Apr 13, 2018

Hi,
I assume that this problem occurs only with the specific software you have mentioned. Yet, I remembered that I had the same problem only while I was working with memoQ (desktop version) but actually it was caused by the touchpad I had on my external keyboard.

Although logically the same problem should have occurred on any problem when I was using the same external keyboard, strangely it was only the case with memoQ.

It took me a while to find the cause and th
... See more
Hi,
I assume that this problem occurs only with the specific software you have mentioned. Yet, I remembered that I had the same problem only while I was working with memoQ (desktop version) but actually it was caused by the touchpad I had on my external keyboard.

Although logically the same problem should have occurred on any problem when I was using the same external keyboard, strangely it was only the case with memoQ.

It took me a while to find the cause and then another while to fix it but I am happily working now.

I hope this helps

Elif
Collapse

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
it happened to me eons ago Apr 14, 2018

in my case, the problem was linked to a laser optical mouse, unable to read low-contrast surfaces

I used this first
http://www.carr-engineering.com/mousepad.htm

then I bought a gamer mouse-pad like this one
... See more
in my case, the problem was linked to a laser optical mouse, unable to read low-contrast surfaces

I used this first
http://www.carr-engineering.com/mousepad.htm

then I bought a gamer mouse-pad like this one
https://www.razer.com/eu-en/gaming-mouse-mats/
Collapse

ahartje
ahartje
Portugal
Local time: 19:58
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Enabled touchpad Apr 15, 2018

When I´ve had this problem some years ago, it has been linked to the enabled touchpad of my pc.
Disabling the touchpad solved the problem, like in Elif´s case.

Spamalot
Spamalot
Austria
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I got it semi-sorted Apr 18, 2018

Hi guys,
Thanks all of you for your kind replies -- the ProZ notifications all got stuck in my bulk, thus my late reply -- what I have figured out so far:
It is not because I am using an optical mouse and wireless keyboard (because I have been doing so before). I am on a desktop and do not have a touchpad. I, too, had initially suspected the wireless keyboard and/or mouse but then I thought:
If I imagine MemoQ to be Trados for a second, what would cause Trados to do weird thin
... See more
Hi guys,
Thanks all of you for your kind replies -- the ProZ notifications all got stuck in my bulk, thus my late reply -- what I have figured out so far:
It is not because I am using an optical mouse and wireless keyboard (because I have been doing so before). I am on a desktop and do not have a touchpad. I, too, had initially suspected the wireless keyboard and/or mouse but then I thought:
If I imagine MemoQ to be Trados for a second, what would cause Trados to do weird things? Multiple projects open (impossible in M), too many files open (impossible in M), too big a TM in need of reindexing (MemoQ said my TM needs no fixing) -- but then lightning struck:
I have autotyping / autopropagation on with the setting "show in text AND as list" and I disabled the "list" and the problem got a lot better.
Taking into account that the client uses an ancient MemoQ version and the project is rather large as is my TB and TM, I think it is a very specific problem with the project.
I still have one check to do with Tech Support and will update this post as soon as I get a final answer (just in case it is not what I think it is)
THANKS SO MUCH!!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Funky jumping cursor problem in v. 8.4.6 on client server version 2015

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »