Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:07
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Did you check? Jan 17, 2021

Jenna Lane wrote:
Waste of time filling in their form.
I wanted to advise Proz but i couldnt see how to do that directly.

You're not generally permitted to mention such firms by name, so this thread will probably be deleted. But the takeaway here is that you should always check the Blue Board entry for an agency before you interact with them. This particular company has multiple "1" and "2" ratings (the highest being "5") over the past year. Clearly it's not an outfit most people would want to work with. You have to perform your due diligence, otherwise you will be exploited.

Dan

writeaway
Thayenga

Jenna Lane
Jenna Lane  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:07
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dan Jan 17, 2021

I can't seem to delete it...

Vasu Valluri
Vasu Valluri
India
Local time: 22:37
Russian to English
+ ...
Payment terms Jan 18, 2021

You should have asked for their payment terms. They approached me earlier last month offering 0.03 USD. I filled in their form but they came back asking to sign a contract. The most laughable thing was they put in absurd payment terms. In their own words you work whole of December, bill by 5th January for work done in December and (hold the horses) you will be paid in April. I wrote to them about the absurdity of their offer and declined it.

Angie Garbarino

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »