Annie Shapero
Annie Shapero
United States
Local time: 13:00
Member (2020)
Italian to English
+ ...
public organisation procedures research PHASE 1 (SCAM!) Sep 1, 2020

I just caught this one, but not after working for some time on the translation.

https://www.coursehero.com/file/p2i1ee9/b-Employees-see-the-same-continued-issues-in-the-workplace-c-Supervisors-dont/
... See more
I just caught this one, but not after working for some time on the translation.

https://www.coursehero.com/file/p2i1ee9/b-Employees-see-the-same-continued-issues-in-the-workplace-c-Supervisors-dont/

Presented as Ricky Lee. [email protected]

This is in respect of some English articles I need translated into Italian.
Kindly let me know if you are interested and available to have it done so I can forward you the document for assessment and a quote.
Thanks, Ricky.

He was very responsive early on, and even replied to specific language -related clarity questions.
Very sophisticated.

[email protected]
Collapse

Hongtao Fan
Elizabeth Chivers
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

ratranslation
ratranslation
United States
Local time: 10:00
English to Spanish
They are still scamming... Sep 9, 2020

Just received it myself. I am so grateful I looked in here first.

Here is what I received:

Author: Lisa
[NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]
Author's IP address: 167.71.203.212

-----------

Hello,Are you available to translated English document to
Spanish? Reply to ( [email protected] )
... See more
Just received it myself. I am so grateful I looked in here first.

Here is what I received:

Author: Lisa
[NOTE: The author is not a registered ProZ.com user or was not logged in when sending this message.]
Author's IP address: 167.71.203.212

-----------

Hello,Are you available to translated English document to
Spanish? Reply to ( [email protected] )
Regards..Lisa

-----------

Thanks so much for your swift response ..I'm pleased to know you are interested in handling this project. However, I will require your service to translate the attached document. In the mean time, could you also confirm your charges per page, per source word or for the entire translation? The deadline for this Project is 1 month starting from 9th of September 2020. I'm proposing Cashier Check ,You will received the Check and clear your bank before you send the document OK?

I look forward to reading from you soon.

---------

The document was the same described here before: PUBLIC ORGANIZATION PROCEDURES RESEARCH PHASE 1

Be careful everyone...
Collapse

Aaya Tarawneh
Aaya Tarawneh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:00
Arabic to English
+ ...
And one more... actually two more instances of the same scam Sep 9, 2020

Last year I came across this from one Ken Surray on Upwork. The project got removed because they tried to take the payment off Upwork, and luckily I hadn't reached an agreement or done any work yet. That was in May 2019.

Today I got the same document via email from a victoria denis, with the same messages as many people have already listed. I didn't suspect anything at first, but after seeing the document I remembered seeing it before, and alarm bells went off. This is a really insi
... See more
Last year I came across this from one Ken Surray on Upwork. The project got removed because they tried to take the payment off Upwork, and luckily I hadn't reached an agreement or done any work yet. That was in May 2019.

Today I got the same document via email from a victoria denis, with the same messages as many people have already listed. I didn't suspect anything at first, but after seeing the document I remembered seeing it before, and alarm bells went off. This is a really insidious scam...
Collapse

Stephanie Ellenburg
Stephanie Ellenburg
United States
Local time: 11:00
Member (2021)
English to German
I received the same email... Sep 17, 2020

Mine was from "Lisa Howard" ([email protected]), too.

Thank you all for the warning!

Mohamed Askar
Mohamed Askar  Identity Verified
Somalia
Local time: 20:00
Member (2016)
English to Somali
From Maria Brown Sep 22, 2020

So did I. I got a communication from this person telling me that she need my service, but for several days, she randomly contacted me and lastly requested my email or phone. From here, I decided to Google her and fortunately, I saw your post. Thank you your post Tetiana Albrecht.

Laora Briquet
Laora Briquet  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2020)
Chinese to French
+ ...
Scammed with the same document Sep 22, 2020

I was contacted yesterday by someone under the (probably fake) name Kayce Scott for this same document, email address is [email protected]

Christina Gutierrez

Francisco Barrios
Francisco Barrios  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Reporting Nicolai RoySland as the new fake name Oct 12, 2020

Autor: Nicolai Røysland
[NOTA: el autor no es un usuario registrado de ProZ.com o no había iniciado sesión cuando envió este mensaje.]
Dirección IP del autor: 45.131.194.106

-----------

Hello Francisco, I am contacting you for my document
translation from English to Spanish version and I would like
to know if you are
available to get it done for me? Get back to me for further
details. Thanks

Thank you for the
... See more
Autor: Nicolai Røysland
[NOTA: el autor no es un usuario registrado de ProZ.com o no había iniciado sesión cuando envió este mensaje.]
Dirección IP del autor: 45.131.194.106

-----------

Hello Francisco, I am contacting you for my document
translation from English to Spanish version and I would like
to know if you are
available to get it done for me? Get back to me for further
details. Thanks

Thank you for the response and I hope this email finds you well? I will like to know how much it will cost me to get a little under 11,600 words translated. The document is attached to this email. Please, let me know the total cost for the document so we can start from there and the deadline for this document is the 16th of November 2020. My method of payment will be a cashier check or bank certified check. please, let me know if this works for you.

---------
a piece of advice, colleagues: FOR FIRST TIME CLIENTS NEVER ACCEPT CASHIER CHECKS, ONLY CC OR PAYPAL
Collapse

Miriam R.
Miriam R.
United States
English to Portuguese
+ ...
PUBLIC ORGANISATION PROCEDURES RESEARCH PHASE 1 Oct 12, 2020

I am so thankful for this group for reporting scams! And as it can help others, I am letting you know about this one that I received as well.

I received an email from Melissa ([email protected]) for a possible translation project and I am glad I looked for information here.

Your service
Hey,I need your service, Can you translate English document
t
... See more
I am so thankful for this group for reporting scams! And as it can help others, I am letting you know about this one that I received as well.

I received an email from Melissa ([email protected]) for a possible translation project and I am glad I looked for information here.

Your service
Hey,I need your service, Can you translate English document
to Portuguese ? Reply to ( [email protected] )
Thanks. Melissa

I replied and I received this response:

Thanks so much for your swift response ..I'm pleased to know you are interested in handling this project. However, I will require your service to translate the attached document. In the meantime, could you also confirm your charges per page, per source word or for the entire translation? The deadline for this Project is 1 month starting from 12th of October 2020. I'm proposing Bank Cashier Check ,You will receive the Check and clear your bank before you send the document OK?

I look forward to reading from you soon.

Regards

Attached this document:
PUBLIC ORGANISATION PROCEDURES RESEARCH PHASE 1

What do organizations use conflict management for?
For any organization to be effective and efficient in achieving its goals, the people in the organization need to have a shared vision of what they are striving to achieve, as well as clear objectives for each team / department and individual. You also need ways of recognizing and resolving conflict amongst people, so that conflict does not become so serious that co-operation is impossible. All members of any organization need to have ways of keeping conflict to a minimum - and of solving problems caused by conflict, before conflict becomes a major obstacle to your work. This could happen to any organization, whether it is an NGO, a CBO, a political party, a business or a government.
Conflict management is the process of planning to avoid conflict where possible and organizing to resolve conflict where it does happen, as rapidly and smoothly as possible.
Important things to know about "conflict" and "conflict management":

The differences between "competition" and "conflict"
"Competition" usually brings out the best in people, as they strive to be top in their field, whether in sport, community affairs, politics or work. In fact, fair and friendly competition often leads to new sporting achievements, scientific inventions or outstanding effort in solving a community problem. When competition becomes unfriendly or bitter, though, conflict can begin - and this can bring out the worst in people.

TOTAL OF 44 PAGES.

Then:

Thanks so much for your response, Yes Certified I agreed with your price quote and i am willing to pay for your service.. This project is a research paper being sponsor for a seminar coming up soon, so I would like to make an advance payment or make the full payment so that you will know you have my job with you in the meantime. Once again Payment option is Cashier Check , The payment will be received first and cleared by your bank before you send the document ..Kindly get back to me with the following payment information in the format below.

1. Full Name to be written on the Check

2. Full Physical Address:

3. Mobile Number

Your payment will be prepared once I have the requested details. Once again payment will be received and cleared by your bank before you send the document.

I will always count on you,

Regards.

As I suspected and confirmed here, it's a scam.

Thank you everyone for letting each other know and BE CAREFUL!!!
Collapse

Oliver Stone
Oliver Stone
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Preston , [email protected] is also a scammer Oct 18, 2020

Just got the same stuff from this guy calling himself Preston.
Glad I researched before wasting my time on this. Thanks guys!

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
IP Address. Oct 22, 2020

Dear friends from Proz.com,

I got a similar message from this IP Address:

Author's IP address: 104.247.208.92

Please let me know if you have the same IP address.

Yugoslavia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Proz.com Message. Oct 22, 2020

Here is the copy of the message that I received from that person:

Hello! I am contacting you for my document
translation from English to Spanish formal version and I
would like to know if you
are available to get it done for me? Get back to me for
further details. Thanks

The name of the person is Nicolai Røysland .

Celia Roberts
Celia Roberts
United States
English to French
+ ...
The sacm is back Oct 25, 2020

I am so glad I checked on Proz.com ! I received the exact same messages all of you mentionned from Liz Parkeer, and a second message from Linda Parker.
Thank you so much for the warning and I hope my message will help other translators
Célia

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks. Oct 26, 2020

Hi Miss Celia,
Can you please tell me if you have the IP Address of the scammer?
I posted the IP Address in this forum. Is he located in North Carolina or Tennessee?
Please let me know.
Thank you.
Yugoslavia

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:00
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
'He' is located in Nigeria Oct 26, 2020

yugoslavia wrote:
Can you please tell me if you have the IP Address of the scammer?
I posted the IP Address in this forum. Is he located in North Carolina or Tennessee?

IPs used by scammers are spoofed and have nothing to do with the real location. Forum users are asked to provide IPs only with the purpose of blocking them (which makes the scammers' life a bit more difficult but does not prevent them from changing their IP and continue scamming users).

You need to learn main things about scams in order to be able to discern scammers from genuine outsourcers.

Liviu-Lee Roth

David Salom
David Salom
United States
Local time: 10:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
same, same Nov 1, 2020

I got the same text to translate from 2 different people, 2 days apart. Actually, one of the texts is titled "RESEARCH PROCEDURES OF COMMUNITY STUDENTS PHASE 1" and the other "PUBLIC ORGANISATION PROCEDURES RESEARCH PHASE 1"

Can we do anything to stop these scammers?

Update: These are the (very detailed) instructions to deposit the check

"Hello, How are you doing today and I hope
... See more
I got the same text to translate from 2 different people, 2 days apart. Actually, one of the texts is titled "RESEARCH PROCEDURES OF COMMUNITY STUDENTS PHASE 1" and the other "PUBLIC ORGANISATION PROCEDURES RESEARCH PHASE 1"

Can we do anything to stop these scammers?

Update: These are the (very detailed) instructions to deposit the check

"Hello, How are you doing today and I hope your day is going well? I got an email that your payment has been delivered to you and all you need to do is to take the check to your BANK, ATM or ONLINE APP to cash under normal circumstances, your bank will want you to deposit the check for 24 hrs-48 hrs for funds to be available in your bank account to withdraw the next day or 2nd day so if the teller request for a deposit then you can proceed and if he/she doesn't request for a deposit then cash the check and keep me posted.
Notice: When you deposited the check, Take the picture or screenshot of the deposit slip given to you and send it to me for record purposes. I hope all is clear now?"

[Edited at 2020-11-02 20:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-11-02 20:03 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-11-02 20:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-11-02 20:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-11-02 20:38 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: Public Organization Procedures Research Phase 1 and 2

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »