P.B:
P.B:
Italy
Local time: 20:07
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 20, 2018

Hi,

I am currently trying to translate a technical user manual.

A translation exists for a previous version of this manual but it was not done in SDL:

In order to keep in the new version (target) what had already been translated in previous documentation I decided to align in SDL in the source the new document version (that includes also old parts) and I aligned it with the english translated document of the old document.

I did the alignment an
... See more
Hi,

I am currently trying to translate a technical user manual.

A translation exists for a previous version of this manual but it was not done in SDL:

In order to keep in the new version (target) what had already been translated in previous documentation I decided to align in SDL in the source the new document version (that includes also old parts) and I aligned it with the english translated document of the old document.

I did the alignment and created a TM from it.

I created the new project by always inserting the latest doc version, trying to only translate the delta of strings that are not translated.

I imagined that, during alignment, as I entered in the target an already translated manual, with already translated screenshot, I would have still seen those in my new target document, but unfortunately, from the preview...I can see the screenshots reflect the ones from the source document.

Does anyone know if there is a way to align both text and screenshots in SDL in order to keep already translated screens in the target.

Please let me know.

Thank you very much,

Paola
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados, entering translated screens in target

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »