https://www.proz.com/forum/trados_support/267824-tw4winmark_when_opening_a_file.html

tw4winMark when opening a file
ناشر الموضوع: Worder Company
Worder Company
Worder Company
الاتحاد الروسي
Local time: 16:38
روسي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Apr 17, 2014

This post provides a solutions for the case:

When you open the word in trados and get this message.

Copy the contents of the file, open a new word, copy and paste the contents in the new file. When copying the contents, use the button "keep original formatting". This would solve the problem.

Question:

I have visually checked the file and I have not seen any changes. I am not very good with formatting.

Does this mean that I wil
... See more
This post provides a solutions for the case:

When you open the word in trados and get this message.

Copy the contents of the file, open a new word, copy and paste the contents in the new file. When copying the contents, use the button "keep original formatting". This would solve the problem.

Question:

I have visually checked the file and I have not seen any changes. I am not very good with formatting.

Does this mean that I will retain all formatting -- I have 100 files and I do not want to check and (or) edit formatting, if something goes wrong. Anyway, I have checked it across 10 files and can see no changes whatsoever.

If there is a risk of such changes, should I use secure sdlxliff? Have u used it? Are there any other methods to tackle this issue?
Collapse

Hamid Aydin
Hamid Aydin  Identity Verified
تركيا
Local time: 16:38
عضو (2008)
أنجليزي إلى تركي
+ ...
Another option Apr 18, 2014

Hi Andrew,

Another option is to change the file extension in Word e.g. from *.doc into *.docx or vice versa. I have been using this method, and it was helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tw4winMark when opening a file

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »