Thread poster: Daniela Wolff
Daniela Wolff
Daniela Wolff  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:03
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Which Volksbank was it? Sep 15, 2004

Gillian Noameshie wrote:

Volksbank opened me a bank account when I was living in the UK and I didn't even have to visit Germany.

Gillian,

I have tried calling several different Volksbanks and all of them have said that I need to come into the bank personally to open the account. Which Volksbank allowed you to open an account from the UK?

TranslationAsia
TranslationAsia
English to Malay
+ ...
Required documents by German bank Oct 3, 2004

It seems that the German banks want two documents that I do not have. 1) resident's permit 2) police record of residence.

The only funny workaround that seems isn't feasible either is to try to apply for a German course in Germany spanning at least 3 months - and then apply for the bank account during the stay. Which is quite a hassle.

But I guess I am willing to do so if there is any German person here willing to help me with accomodation. Basically I am looking for a
... See more
It seems that the German banks want two documents that I do not have. 1) resident's permit 2) police record of residence.

The only funny workaround that seems isn't feasible either is to try to apply for a German course in Germany spanning at least 3 months - and then apply for the bank account during the stay. Which is quite a hassle.

But I guess I am willing to do so if there is any German person here willing to help me with accomodation. Basically I am looking for a "collaboration". Anyone keen please email me.

Best regards,
Dennis
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening a Euro account in Germany

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »