International Translation Day '13 - What is translation to you?
Thread poster: Emeline Jamoul
Emeline Jamoul
Emeline Jamoul  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 00:32
English to French
+ ...
Sep 15, 2013

In order to celebrate International Translation Day, I had the idea of launching a big project. The aim is to eventually raise awareness about our profession and to take pride in it!
The main idea is to complete the following sentence: "Translation is...". By September 30, I will publi
... See more
In order to celebrate International Translation Day, I had the idea of launching a big project. The aim is to eventually raise awareness about our profession and to take pride in it!
The main idea is to complete the following sentence: "Translation is...". By September 30, I will publish all the answers received on the blog (http://internationaltranslationday13.wordpress.com) so that we can all get a broader picture of this initiative.
From September 20 to September 30, there will also be interviews with translators. It should be a lot of fun!
Please feel free to share your participation here, on Twitter by using the hashtag #translationis or by contacting me by email ([email protected] - please join personal details such as name, language combinations and location so that I can find you online).

Let's have a tremendous International Translation Day this year!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

International Translation Day '13 - What is translation to you?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »