coenbruin (X)
coenbruin (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 00:28
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2007

Hello everyone,

The first suggested date for the get together is on Saturday 17th March - St. Patrick's Day (option 1). The "meeting" will be around 6 o'clock in a local restaurant in Peterborough. Afterwards, we could go to a pub. Be sure to arrange transport or a place to stay.

Another date could be the Saturday 24th of March. It could either be a lunch (option 2) or dinner (option 3). As for holding it on the farm... Due to changing jobs in the near future, I'll
... See more
Hello everyone,

The first suggested date for the get together is on Saturday 17th March - St. Patrick's Day (option 1). The "meeting" will be around 6 o'clock in a local restaurant in Peterborough. Afterwards, we could go to a pub. Be sure to arrange transport or a place to stay.

Another date could be the Saturday 24th of March. It could either be a lunch (option 2) or dinner (option 3). As for holding it on the farm... Due to changing jobs in the near future, I'll be no longer living there. Which means (warm & dry) place to sit down!

Please post your preference on this thread (1/2/3); please do NOT send e-mails. It is a way for everyone, to see who is going to be there (carpooling?). For me, either days are fine. Final time & date will be posted around the end feb. Feel free to ask questions & give suggestions (on thread). Please specify if you will come alone or with a group, since I will have to make arrangements with the restaurant.

I look forward meeting everyone!

Greetings,

Coen Bruin
Collapse

Jan Peelen
Jan Peelen
Local time: 18:28
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hmm... Feb 5, 2007

I might be up for that. I live just North of London. By the way how old do you have to be to get into the pub?

edit* no preference as of yet...don't know if I have to work either saturday, don't get my schedule till later.

[Edited at 2007-02-05 18:45]

Nicholas Ferreira
Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Option 1 or 2 Feb 6, 2007

This is a great idea, long overdue!

Option 3 will not work for me, so 1 or 2.

And perhaps a locale closer to Toronto would be helpful, if at all possible. I don't know what the rest think about this...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Get together in Ontario, Canada

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »