Rafa Lombardino
USA
Local time: 05:25
Członek ProZ.com
od 2005

angielski > portugalski
+ ...
Website Sep 6, 2007

I wish they had made their website available in several languages using the MT technology... That would allow us to better evaluate how the industry is doing, don't you think?

As far as I'm concerned, the technology is great as a glossary, especially when it's targeted to a company or segment, as is the case with the Microsoft setup. I mean, if every Microsoft program uses the same strings, the translation database will be of great help to keep terminology consistency when it comes
... See more
I wish they had made their website available in several languages using the MT technology... That would allow us to better evaluate how the industry is doing, don't you think?

As far as I'm concerned, the technology is great as a glossary, especially when it's targeted to a company or segment, as is the case with the Microsoft setup. I mean, if every Microsoft program uses the same strings, the translation database will be of great help to keep terminology consistency when it comes to company-specific software localization.

However, just to be on the safe side, it's always good to have a professional proofreader / text editor when dealing with help files, since there is more than mere instructions on those documents... After all, you don't want confuse your users when they need your HELP the most, right? LOL

Well, if they're not even using the technology on themselves, I think translators don't have anything to fear!
Collapse

Vadim Pogulyaev
Vadim Pogulyaev  Identity Verified
Tajlandia
Local time: 19:25
angielski > rosyjski
have trados, will proof Sep 7, 2007

subj

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Machine Translation Summit XI

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »