Germany
Local time: 22:49
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 15, 2010

Hi everybody,

I very much hope you are doing well
I have a website and a small budget. I would like to have this website available in as much languages as possible. So I used the google language toolbar. Original language of the site is English. The rest of the languages are translations, automatic translations.
I have the following question.
I use the languagebar and put another language, for examp
... See more
Hi everybody,

I very much hope you are doing well
I have a website and a small budget. I would like to have this website available in as much languages as possible. So I used the google language toolbar. Original language of the site is English. The rest of the languages are translations, automatic translations.
I have the following question.
I use the languagebar and put another language, for example Spanish. Then I get the Spanish google translation. It is fine, but not perfect, not brilliant, even has some mistakes. Then I put the marker of the mouse on one sentence and I receive a message: Contribute a better translation. You can do clic in this message and are allowed to contribute a better translation. Then, I would like to fix this "better translation contributed" in my page, so that everybody when he choose Spanish, they received "my contributed" translation and "NOT" the Google one. I would like to have control of this. Do you think if it is possible? If yes, how should I do?
Collapse

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:49
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
this is the limit of using a free online translator May 18, 2010

Felipe,

When you click on that bar and enter in your feedback on the translation, it will only be considered as part of the overall pool of translation possibilities, and it might improve the translation of your page over time, but not immediately.

That is the difference between using a free online system versus using a paid customizable MT software/system that can quickly include your feedback as direct input into a rule-based MT system or as training input for the mod
... See more
Felipe,

When you click on that bar and enter in your feedback on the translation, it will only be considered as part of the overall pool of translation possibilities, and it might improve the translation of your page over time, but not immediately.

That is the difference between using a free online system versus using a paid customizable MT software/system that can quickly include your feedback as direct input into a rule-based MT system or as training input for the models of a statistical-based MT system.

Jeff
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google translation tool bar. A question

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »