LaLewicki
LaLewicki
Brazil
Local time: 07:00
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 17, 2021

Hello all!

I did a quick search and didn't find any posts on this subject. But I work at a LSP and we already use APIs for Google's and Trados' machine translation engines. However, they are generic machine translation engines. We are interested in hiring a service for machine translation engines already trained in a specific industry and that also service Portuguese-English as a language pair (in the past, we were unable to hire this service as they did not provide for our specific
... See more
Hello all!

I did a quick search and didn't find any posts on this subject. But I work at a LSP and we already use APIs for Google's and Trados' machine translation engines. However, they are generic machine translation engines. We are interested in hiring a service for machine translation engines already trained in a specific industry and that also service Portuguese-English as a language pair (in the past, we were unable to hire this service as they did not provide for our specific language pair).

Does anyone have a recommendation? I'm having some issues finding companies that work with this. So far, I've found Systran and GTCom only and I've sent them an email for more information.
Collapse

RoyMarie
RoyMarie
United States
Local time: 03:00
MT System that learns rapidly and works with CAT tools Jun 17, 2021

This will give you a good idea of ModernMT
https://kv-emptypages.blogspot.com/2021/05/modernmt-closer-look-at-emerging.html

It learns quickly and works with Trados and Matecat (a free CAT tool) among others.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Industry-Specific Machine Translation Engines

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »