wivel
wivel
Estonia
Local time: 18:07
Estonian to English
+ ...
May 10, 2014

Hello,

I have a question about a problem I encountered while using memoQ. Namely it would seem that my license is not valid anymore.

I received my serial number from my university earlier this year. I do not have the exact date anymore, unfortunately, but it most likely happened in either early March or late February.
The students were told that the license would be valid for a year - and indeed, upon entering the serial number I was told that my translator pro
... See more
Hello,

I have a question about a problem I encountered while using memoQ. Namely it would seem that my license is not valid anymore.

I received my serial number from my university earlier this year. I do not have the exact date anymore, unfortunately, but it most likely happened in either early March or late February.
The students were told that the license would be valid for a year - and indeed, upon entering the serial number I was told that my translator pro license would expire on 24-04-2015. In fact, that is still the day when my license expires, but apparently for some reason my version of memoQ is now invalid.

17 hours earlier it was still working and I haven't changed anything since then. I am relatively sure I am missing something important here.

Could anyone tell me what happened or does anyone have any suggestions?

I will add a screenshot of the activation screen, in case it contains any relevant information that I did not notice.

Collapse

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:07
English to Russian
+ ...
Try returning the license and taking again May 10, 2014

Sometimes this works.

Alternatively, check that your installed version of MemoQ is the same as the one you're licensed to use. They are usually not compatible (but different MemoQ versions may be installed on the same PC, complicating matters --- though they cannot be run concurrently!).

[Edited at 2014-05-11 13:08 GMT]

wivel
wivel
Estonia
Estonian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not sure how to solve this May 11, 2014

Tyr returning the license and taking again

Sometimes this works.

Alternatively, check that your installed version of MemoQ is the same as the one you're licensed to use. They are usually not compatible (but different MemoQ versions may be installed on the same PC, complicating matters --- though they cannot be run concurrently!).

What do you mean by "returning the license and taking again"?

My license is for version 6.8, the current version is 6.8.57, so that looks fine, I think.

What frustrates me is that I cannot even use the free license or anything. I cannot export the documents or access anything. If I were to reinstall memoQ, then would there be a way to create a backup of translation memory and term bases?

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:07
English to Russian
+ ...
See "Return ELM License" in the bottom right-hand corner May 11, 2014

1. Select your license in the list (your screenshot shows it as currently invalid).
2. Click the link"Return ELM license" located in the bottom right-hand corner.
3. Click the button "Take ELM license".
4. Select the appropriate server.
5. Click OK.

The same license should now appear as Valid.

If at step 4 no server is available to select, do the following:

A. Click the tab "ELM credentials".
B. Click the link Update credential
... See more
1. Select your license in the list (your screenshot shows it as currently invalid).
5. Click OK.

The same license should now appear as Valid.

If at step 4 no server is available to select, do the following:

A. Click the tab "ELM credentials".
B. Click the link Update credentials from ELM servers, located in the bottom left-hand corner.
C. Repeat steps 3 through 5 above.
Collapse

Enote
Enote  Identity Verified
English to Russian
MemoQ support May 12, 2014

At first you should ask MemoQ support team, I suppose.
Good luck!

wivel
wivel
Estonia
Estonian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did not work, sent in a support ticket in the end May 13, 2014

Mikhail Kropotov wrote:

5. Click OK.
I'm afraid this did not work, but on a brighter note - I would at least hope that describing this in my support ticket helped the person replying to my questions identify the problem more easily. One can always hope!

The problem is fixed now, the support engineer used TeamViewer to delete an entry in Registry Editor. He explained that major updates or changes to other software (mainly Windows, I think) can sometimes break things like that.
I do not think I could have done this myself.

Thank you for your suggestions, though!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invalid memoQ license

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »