TargamaT team
TargamaT team  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:06
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 18, 2015

I received *.mqout file composed from only one file and I want to divide the job with my colleague in assigning part of the segments for him.

Is it possible to do so? how can assign parts of segments to colleagues and then put the parts together?

Thanking you in advance.

Oussama

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:06
Finnish to French
Views + export bilingual Feb 18, 2015

You can split the job into several parts by creating views, as explained in this recent post.

Then, export each view as a bilingual document and send them to your colleagues. If they are using memoQ (or another tool that supports the XLIFF format), you can choose "memoQ XLIFF" as the format. If they don't use any CAT tool, export as "T
... See more
You can split the job into several parts by creating views, as explained in this recent post.

Then, export each view as a bilingual document and send them to your colleagues. If they are using memoQ (or another tool that supports the XLIFF format), you can choose "memoQ XLIFF" as the format. If they don't use any CAT tool, export as "Two-column RTF".

If some of your colleagues don't use any CAT tool, you can suggest they use Memsource Personal, since it has a rather nice editor and it is free. Memsource should be able to open memoQ XLIFF files without problems.
Collapse

TargamaT team
France
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merci beaucoup ! Feb 18, 2015

Merci beaucoup Dominique !

Actually, I did now the split and obtained 2 views. My colleague use MemoQ also.

Having the 2 parts after that as 2 partial projects, could you please tell me how I can merge them again in one project?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:06
Finnish to French
No need to merge Feb 18, 2015

TargamaT wrote:
Actually, I did now the split and obtained 2 views. My colleague use MemoQ also.

Having the 2 parts after that as 2 partial projects, could you please tell me how I can merge them again in one project?

No need to merge anything: in memoQ, a view is just a way to obtain a "virtual" document. Your actual document is still there. When you get the translated .mqxliff back from your colleague, just import it into the project, select all segments (Ctrl+Shift+A) and send them all to the TM by confirming them (Ctrl+Enter). If your original document hasn't been updated in the process, just pretranslate using the updated TM.

TargamaT team
France
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you again! Feb 18, 2015

Many thanks Dominique.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I assign part of a project in MemoQ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »