Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:52
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Jul 23, 2015

Hello,

I am working with memoq 2013 on windows 8.1. The program was 'hanging' at the first 'initialisng' window and would not start. I found the solution in a forum, which was to change the compatibility in the properties via the memoq icon in windows. Ok, and the program starts.

But now it is painfully slow. Each character I type has a time lag and it is impossible to work like this.

I suspect it is something to do with this compatibility. Because I have
... See more
Hello,

I am working with memoq 2013 on windows 8.1. The program was 'hanging' at the first 'initialisng' window and would not start. I found the solution in a forum, which was to change the compatibility in the properties via the memoq icon in windows. Ok, and the program starts.

But now it is painfully slow. Each character I type has a time lag and it is impossible to work like this.

I suspect it is something to do with this compatibility. Because I have no problems with any other program being slow on the same computer.

Can anyone help me? Please?
Collapse

Shepherdyu
Shepherdyu  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 20:52
English to Chinese
use win 7 Jul 24, 2015

maybe you have to use this tool in win 7 env

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
not possible Jul 24, 2015

Thank you for the suggestion but I purchased the computer with Windows 8.1, it is not possible to use Windows 7 on it.

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
Local time: 08:52
English to Spanish
A few suggestions Jul 28, 2015

I have run memoQ 2013 on Windows 8.1 without any issues. Have you tried reinstalling memoQ? If not, uninstall it, run some PC registry cleaning software (e.g. CCleaner), and then reinstall.
You can also check if there are new updates for memoQ.
Antivirus and antispyware software may also interfere with the software. I suggest you add memoQ as an exclusion in your antivirus just in case.
Hope this helps.

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 28, 2015

Thanks for your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows 8.1 compatibility

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »