After changing filter status edit display is empty
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 12:31
German to English
+ ...
Aug 15, 2015

Why after changing any status in the filter status is the document display empty.
For example, I want to display only unlocked rows (I activated the "Only unlocked rows" checkbox).
This document display is empty.
The document display remains empty even after activating the "Both locked and unlocked rows" checkbox.
How can I refresh the display with the new filter setting? When I reopen the document, the default setting "Both locked and unlocked rows" applies.

Manuel Arcedillo
Manuel Arcedillo
Spain
English to Spanish
Filters accumulate Aug 17, 2015

Hi,

In memoQ, filters accumulate unless you manually clear them. So if you first filter by locked rows and then you filter by unlocked rows without clearing the locked filter firts, both cancel each other out and you won't see any segment. The button to clear the filter is the one with the red cross.

Also, since you mention using the "Only unlocked rows" checkbox, it may also be that you are using the Status tab (instead of the "Common filters" tab) but without selectin
... See more
Hi,

In memoQ, filters accumulate unless you manually clear them. So if you first filter by locked rows and then you filter by unlocked rows without clearing the locked filter firts, both cancel each other out and you won't see any segment. The button to clear the filter is the one with the red cross.

Also, since you mention using the "Only unlocked rows" checkbox, it may also be that you are using the Status tab (instead of the "Common filters" tab) but without selecting any status. In that tab, it is not enough to select "Only unlocked rows", but also which status of the unlocked rows you want to show. If you don't select at least one status, the display will be empty.
Collapse

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Filter Aug 17, 2015

Hi Manuel

The second part of your answer solved the problem.

Thanks

Tony

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After changing filter status edit display is empty

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »