Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Powwow: Seattle, Washington - United States

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Seattle, Washington - United States".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Seattle powwow - ideas for place and time? Dec 11, 2001

Six people have expressed an interest in having a powwow in Seattle Saturday. But no one has yet stepped forward with ideas. Anyone know a good spot? It should be informal and easily accessible...post now...

J1J2
J1J2
English to Japanese
+ ...
Where to do this? Dec 13, 2001

I suggest to gather at a restaurant that has a small private room and accepts small parties (with the Seattle economy in the basket nowadays, I don’t think it’s a major problem). If most of the participants live/work in Seattle then I will look for a place up and down the city. If everyone lives/works on the eastside then somewhere in Bellevue is an idea. Please let me know what you folks think.

Keep translating,

Tom C.

Sonora Translations
Sonora Translations
United States
Local time: 14:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
SeaTac? Dec 13, 2001

I was thinking somewhere around SeaTac, that is where a lot of meetings and conventions take place since it seems to be midway for people...I'm on the Kitsap Peninsula.

It will be great to meet everyone!

J1J2
J1J2
English to Japanese
+ ...
Any other suggestions? Dec 13, 2001

OK.

We have a suggestion to have our powwow somewhere in or near Sea-Tac.

I am in Kirkland so I can drive to pretty much anywhere.

Any other ideas, fellow translators?

Timothy Gregory
Timothy Gregory  Identity Verified
Arabic to English
Sounds OK Dec 13, 2001

I live in Kent and work in Seattle, so SeaTac is a great mid-point.

Courtney Searls-Ridge
Courtney Searls-Ridge
German to English
+ ...
SeaTac restaurants Jan 3, 2002

The only good restaurant I know of in Sea-Tac is the Baitong Thai restaurant. Unfortunately they are closed on Jan. 15. Any other suggestions?

Eden Brandeis
Eden Brandeis  Identity Verified
Japanese to English
+ ...
Powwow organizer Jan 4, 2002

Hello everyone,

I have volunteered to act as the organizer for this Powwow. There is not much time left, so we must act quickly to make this event a success. If everyone could send me the two most convenient locations (e.g. NE Seattle, Bellevue, SeaTac, etc) for the powwow for them, I will organize the information and begin the selection process for a location. Please make sure to send me this information by Tuesday, January 8th at the latest. In addition, please send your two f
... See more
Hello everyone,

I have volunteered to act as the organizer for this Powwow. There is not much time left, so we must act quickly to make this event a success. If everyone could send me the two most convenient locations (e.g. NE Seattle, Bellevue, SeaTac, etc) for the powwow for them, I will organize the information and begin the selection process for a location. Please make sure to send me this information by Tuesday, January 8th at the latest. In addition, please send your two favorite cuisine types (e.g. Indian, Italian, etc).

Looking forward to meeting all of you,

Eden
Collapse

Eden Brandeis
Japanese to English
+ ...
Powwow Reporter Jan 4, 2002

Is there anyone willing to act as the reporter for this event? Looking at the reports for the other Powwow meetings, I think it really adds a lot to the site and the documents the experience for everyone.

Courtney Searls-Ridge
Courtney Searls-Ridge
German to English
+ ...
West Seattle anyone? Jan 4, 2002

As I said in my initial note, West Seattle is more central than people realize (right off of I-5 and 99, close to I-90) and there are a number of nice places to meet (pubs, Thai, funky, and anything else you can imagine). Is anyone interested in meeting in West Seattle?

Timothy Gregory
Timothy Gregory  Identity Verified
Arabic to English
West Seattle OK Jan 4, 2002

Since I work downtown, West Seattle would be fine for me. --tag

Courtney Searls-Ridge
Courtney Searls-Ridge
German to English
+ ...
How about the Luna Park Cafe? Jan 8, 2002

How about the funky-fifties Luna Park Cafe at 2918 SW Avalon Way in West Seattle? They serve salads, sandwiches, burgers and such.

Eden Brandeis
Japanese to English
+ ...
Update Jan 10, 2002

Based on the information sent to me and posted here, I think that West Seattle is the best choice for the meeting location.

I have been working on finding a place to meet, but this has proved difficult. The Luna Park Cafe is a good suggestion, but only has booth seating for six. Since there is a possibility of 10+ people showing up, I think we have to pass on that one.

The Abbondanza Pizzeria seems like a good choice (authentic Italian), but they are small and there i
... See more
Based on the information sent to me and posted here, I think that West Seattle is the best choice for the meeting location.

I have been working on finding a place to meet, but this has proved difficult. The Luna Park Cafe is a good suggestion, but only has booth seating for six. Since there is a possibility of 10+ people showing up, I think we have to pass on that one.

The Abbondanza Pizzeria seems like a good choice (authentic Italian), but they are small and there is no separate seating. They did offer to arrange some tables together for us. I will keep looking and let everyone know the final results soon. If anyone has any other suggestions, please post them.

What would be the best time for everyone? Seattle traffic is no fun, so perhaps an earlier or later meeting time is the best (e.g. 5pm or 8pm).
Collapse

Courtney Searls-Ridge
Courtney Searls-Ridge
German to English
+ ...
The Abbondanza sounds great. Jan 13, 2002

It is at 6503 California Ave SW. Easy to get to from the West Seattle Bridge. I would like to suggest that we meet at around 5:30 or 6:00 (in spite of the traffic) so that people can come right after work. I will be bringing another German/English translator who is visiting Seattle from Protland, so count on at least one more.

Eden Brandeis
Japanese to English
+ ...
Attendance Jan 13, 2002

Ok, we are going to go for the Abbondanza. You can see a map of the location and get driving directions from anywhere at seattle.sidewalk.com.

I am fine with meeting at 5:30. If that time is bad for you, please tell us quickly. I am planning on making the reservation on Monday afternoon.

Pleas
... See more
Ok, we are going to go for the Abbondanza. You can see a map of the location and get driving directions from anywhere at seattle.sidewalk.com.

I am fine with meeting at 5:30. If that time is bad for you, please tell us quickly. I am planning on making the reservation on Monday afternoon.

Please email me at [email protected] or post to proz.com indicating if you will be attending so I can make the reservation for the correct number of people. When you post/email, please be sure to include any guests you might be inviting.
Collapse

Eden Brandeis
Japanese to English
+ ...
Reporter Needed Jan 13, 2002

On a seperate note, we are still in need of a reporter. The reporter will take brief notes and post a short synopsis of the powwow to proz. This is really important for conveying a sense of the Seattle Proz community.

Any volunteers?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Seattle, Washington - United States

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »