Powwow: Glasgow - United Kingdom

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Glasgow - United Kingdom".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Gareth McMillan
Gareth McMillan  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:20
German to English
+ ...
Mayday, Apr 16, 2004

A not so select few ProZ members are having a get-together in Glasgow 30th April – 2nd May mainly to discuss the serious business of business.
It would be great if anyone residing north of Cornwall could pop in for a friendly chat over a bevvie or six - put faces to names etc., on the sat evening- Mayday.
For the International set, Glasgow makes a good stop over for anyone travelling between Dakar and New York. Lots to see and do in this beautiful, friendly and vastly underrated ci
... See more
A not so select few ProZ members are having a get-together in Glasgow 30th April – 2nd May mainly to discuss the serious business of business.
It would be great if anyone residing north of Cornwall could pop in for a friendly chat over a bevvie or six - put faces to names etc., on the sat evening- Mayday.
For the International set, Glasgow makes a good stop over for anyone travelling between Dakar and New York. Lots to see and do in this beautiful, friendly and vastly underrated city.
Simultaneous translators will be on hand to assist with any localised language problems.
Wifes, kids, mistresses and pet alligators all welcome.
Collapse

Herbert Fipke
Herbert Fipke  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Please give some details (location, etc)! Apr 22, 2004

I will be coming up to the Highlands with my mobile home and motorbike to combine business with some leisure days. I heard it doesn't rain (that much) in Scotland in May and June....

Herbert Fipke
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Hope you accept... Apr 22, 2004

...a participant from the German Rhinelands (Bonn) which is indeed north of Cornwall as well...

Paul Lambert
Paul Lambert
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:20
French to English
+ ...
Hi there Apr 27, 2004

I'm a translator living in Edinburgh - (no comments on the Edinburgh/Glasgow divide though as I'm Irish!!!). Just wondering if you had any idea on the venue yet?

Paul Lambert
Paul Lambert
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
PS Apr 27, 2004

Hilary - would be great to see another Heriot-Watt graduate there - even though I started the year you left! Pity about the Russian department being closed now.

Herbert Fipke
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No joking at Powwow... Apr 27, 2004

Seems we will have a lot of trouble finding a "neutral" topic...
No Glasgow jokes, no Edinburgh jokes, no jokes about Scots and English, and now no Irish jokes either...
How can we ever get around under these circumstances??

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Venue Apr 27, 2004

This drop-down menu still
requires a drop-in venue...

Herbert Fipke
Germany
English to German
+ ...
@textklick Apr 27, 2004

Right, a defined venue would be great indeed...

Gareth McMillan
Gareth McMillan  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Sorry folks Apr 29, 2004

Since posting the idea for a "drop in" meet-up, I have been smitten by a minor illness which has resulted in a minor operation which has further resulted in confusion and uncertainty about my being present in Glasgow at all. However, I still hope I can make it for the Saturday evening as suggested, but can't promise it (nackered from overdose of antibiotics and other poisons).
It was never my intention to be the organiser of a full scale powwwow anyway, but I can suggest the following pub
... See more
Since posting the idea for a "drop in" meet-up, I have been smitten by a minor illness which has resulted in a minor operation which has further resulted in confusion and uncertainty about my being present in Glasgow at all. However, I still hope I can make it for the Saturday evening as suggested, but can't promise it (nackered from overdose of antibiotics and other poisons).
It was never my intention to be the organiser of a full scale powwwow anyway, but I can suggest the following pub as a meeting place near the centre of Glesga. It also has internet terminals for the workaholics among you:
"Bunky's"- in Bath Street near the corner of Douglas Sreet.
If some people don't like it, there are about a hundred other good pubs within spitting distance.
In view of my personal situation, I can only suggest that anyone wanting to meet up, should make direct contact with each other.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Glasgow - United Kingdom

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »