Trados and InDesign - Font problems
Thread poster: eurodep
eurodep
eurodep
Local time: 03:59
English
Aug 15, 2005

I am using InDesign 3.0 and Trados LSP 7.0 for English to Polish.
The client submits Original files in Indesign 3.0.

Here is the back ground:
The client uses a True Type font (Univers CE 45). When we extract the TT font and run it through Trados, it is converted to a unicode font. When the translation is done, and we reimport the translation to InDesign, the application does not display certain characters. This is because the application is looking for a Unicode charact
... See more

Here is the back ground:
The client uses a True Type font (Univers CE 45). When we extract the TT font and run it through Trados, it is converted to a unicode font. When the translation is done, and we reimport the translation to InDesign, the application does not display certain characters. This is because the application is looking for a Unicode character in a TrueType font location. Thus, a little box appears instead of the proper character.

My Question: Does anyone know how to address this problem? One way I thought to address it is to disable the 'conversion' process in Trados that takes a TT font and changes it to a unicode font, but I cannot figure it out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David
Collapse

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Could you provide more details? Aug 16, 2005

ddepman wrote:

Here is the back ground:
The client uses a True Type font (Univers CE 45). When we extract the TT font and run it through Trados, it is converted to a unicode font. When the translation is done, and we reimport the translation to InDesign, the application does not display certain characters. This is because the application is looking for a Unicode character in a TrueType font location. Thus, a little box appears instead of the proper character.

Could you provide more details on your workflow?

Wojtek

eurodep
eurodep
English
TOPIC STARTER
Issue Resolved Aug 16, 2005

Issue is resolved with new fonts. They submitted Type1 fonts and they seem to work fine.

Thanks,

David

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and InDesign - Font problems

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »