Thread poster: Otto van Tuyl
Otto van Tuyl
Otto van Tuyl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:05
English to Dutch
Feb 14, 2023

Hi.

I use Trados Studio 2021. I noticed that something has changed. After I processed files, Studio nog segments the files by paragraph and not by sentence. I have checked the files and that is not where the problem lies. There must be a setting in Studio 2021 where I can change this, but I can't find it. Who can help me out?

KR,

Otto

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:05
English to Russian
Segmentation Feb 14, 2023

Project Settings - Language Pairs - Translation Memory - Settings - Language Resources - Segmentation.
If you use more than 1 TM, the uppermost TM in your list is used for segmentation.

Otto van Tuyl

Otto van Tuyl
United Kingdom
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Segmentation in Trados Studio 2021 Feb 14, 2023

Thank you. The problem is not with the TM. It is the fact that when preparing new files, Studio segments the file for translation according to paragraphs, I have checked source files for paragraph breaks and line breaks and that's not where the problem lies.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 21:05
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Please try the suggestion Feb 14, 2023

Otto van Tuyl wrote:

Thank you. The problem is not with the TM. It is the fact that when preparing new files, Studio segments the file for translation according to paragraphs, I have checked source files for paragraph breaks and line breaks and that's not where the problem lies.

Look here:
Skjermbilde 2023-02-14 135912
Skjermbilde 2023-02-14 140046

The setting doesn't have to do with the TM per se, but is where you would find the setting you want to change.

Khaled Alamary

Otto van Tuyl
United Kingdom
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Segmentation in Trados Studio 2021 Feb 14, 2023

You are both quite right. I clicked on resetting all the settings to default and then processed it again from scratch. This time the segmentation was correct. Many thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmentation in Trados Studio 2021

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »