Havlův odchod...
Thread poster: Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:52
French to Polish
+ ...
Dec 18, 2011

Společně s Vámi truchlím smrt hodneho a čestneho člověka kterého hlas vedla pravda a svoboda...

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 06:52
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
My respects to a great man Dec 19, 2011

Please excuse me writing in English... but I wanted to pay my respects to a great man and my condolences to Czechs.

Václav Havel was one of my heroes when I was young, who stood up and suffered for freedom, and he was an inspiration, also to us in the free world. He made us value the life we might otherwise take for granted, and defend the greatest treasure in this world. I remember being touched by the story that he always carried his toothbrush in his pocket, because he never kne
... See more
Please excuse me writing in English... but I wanted to pay my respects to a great man and my condolences to Czechs.

Václav Havel was one of my heroes when I was young, who stood up and suffered for freedom, and he was an inspiration, also to us in the free world. He made us value the life we might otherwise take for granted, and defend the greatest treasure in this world. I remember being touched by the story that he always carried his toothbrush in his pocket, because he never knew when he would be arrested and might need it. (I don't know if it is true!) Certainly many of the others are true.

Without his struggle and the struggle of all those who followed him, the world would be a different place today, and our work would be very different too.

Surely his spirit will live on and inspire others. The candles in wax will burn out, but the light in people's hearts will be passed on, as if from candle to candle, down the generations.

Christine
Collapse

Hannah Geiger (X)
Hannah Geiger (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:52
English to Czech
+ ...
Thank you Dec 23, 2011

Speaking for myself and, I am sure, for many of my colleagues, I thank you both very much for your kind words.

[Edited at 2011-12-23 14:28 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Havlův odchod...

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »