Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:56
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 13, 2023

What happened to the quick polls? The same one has been running for a week! Have you run out of ideas? I don’t think so as many Prozians say they have suggested quick polls that were never posted. So, there must be a long list somewhere. Please bring them back, they are fun and I miss them…

Christopher Schröder
Christine Andersen
Philip Lees

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:56
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Do you mean (linguistic) polls like ......... Mar 13, 2023

....... 'Do you have pets?', 'What is the view from your office?', 'What do you have for breakfast?', etc, etc......

If so, yes, like a toothache.

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Robert Mar 13, 2023

Just like the Quick Polls, I’m not professional at all times, occasionally I just want to have fun…

Christopher Schröder
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Kay Denney

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
@Teresa Mar 13, 2023

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

Just like the Quick Polls, I’m not professional at all times, occasionally I just want to have fun…

OK, nothing wrong with that, but is Proz the right platform? Sorry, but I have my doubts.

[Edited at 2023-03-13 11:35 GMT]

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
By the way Mar 13, 2023

1. I do have a pet (a very old blind dog);
2. I have a small office at the back of my apartment (far from the street noise) which overlooks a beautiful terrace with a vertical garden belonging to the hotel next door;
3. Usually my breakfast is: a cup of jasmine tea, a rocket omelette, two thin slices of ham, a few cherry tomatoes, followed by a strong espresso coffee.

It looks like this last question hasn’t been asked yet. Anyway, I had my fun today, thank you!

expressisverbis
Kay Denney

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
@Teresa Mar 13, 2023

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:

1. I do have a pet (a very old blind dog);
2. I have a small office at the back of my apartment (far from the street noise) which overlooks a beautiful terrace with a vertical garden belonging to the hotel next door;
3. Usually my breakfast is: a cup of jasmine tea, a rocket omelette, two thin slices of ham, a few cherry tomatoes, followed by a strong espresso coffee.

It looks like this last question hasn’t been asked yet. Anyway, I had my fun today, thank you!

You're welcome.

[Edited at 2023-03-13 13:39 GMT]

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Fun Mar 13, 2023

The way the world is going, we really need to have some fun.
However, I believe there are quick polls that don't make much sense, especially when they are repeated several times and when they are too personal rather than professional.
When this happens, the only thing I do is not answer, as my personal life is not Proz's business.
However, I do have a (crazy) pet. The view from my office is beautiful, there are plenty of mountains and greenery, and for my breakfast I start my d
... See more
The way the world is going, we really need to have some fun.
However, I believe there are quick polls that don't make much sense, especially when they are repeated several times and when they are too personal rather than professional.
When this happens, the only thing I do is not answer, as my personal life is not Proz's business.
However, I do have a (crazy) pet. The view from my office is beautiful, there are plenty of mountains and greenery, and for my breakfast I start my day with a good coffee.
And... Teresa and Robert, you have just created the poll of the day!
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Philip Lees

Tanja Oresnik
Tanja Oresnik  Identity Verified
Slovenia
French to Slovenian
+ ...
I agree, we all need some fun Mar 14, 2023

Perhaps you could suggest a poll, Maria Theresa, if you think of something fun?

Kay Denney

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
French to English
. Mar 14, 2023

I have a dog, I have cashew butter on toast, some fruit and hot coffee for breakfast, and I work in my living room, to keep the dog company.
And I too rather miss the quick polls. I usually take a quick look in between reading the news and getting down to work, it's how I gear up into translation mode. Rather like having a quick chat with my colleagues while the computer powers up.

[Edited at 2023-03-14 09:45 GMT]

Christopher Schröder

Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Tanja Mar 14, 2023

I did years ago. It was never posted...

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Quick polls

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »