Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Off topic: You are working too hard on your computer when...
Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 10:42
Spanish
+ ...
Loss of human interaction Oct 18, 2009

This just happened to me:

A woman was outside my building looking for somebody there but she didn't know her apartment number. I've been to this person's place but I didn't remember the apartment number either. My first thought was texting her but I didn't have my phone with me. My second thought was DM her at Twitter, but I don't have her Twitter name. So I decided to email her from my place. Then the woman said, "why don't you just go to her apartment?"

It just didn't
... See more
This just happened to me:

A woman was outside my building looking for somebody there but she didn't know her apartment number. I've been to this person's place but I didn't remember the apartment number either. My first thought was texting her but I didn't have my phone with me. My second thought was DM her at Twitter, but I don't have her Twitter name. So I decided to email her from my place. Then the woman said, "why don't you just go to her apartment?"

It just didn't occur to me, it was the most logical thing to do. I depend so much on my computer and gadgets that I couldn't think of simple human interaction. Sad.
Collapse

Ali Tuna
Ali Tuna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:42
Turkish to English
+ ...
When... Oct 19, 2009

... you are having a bad day,
...you reach for CTRL + ALT + DEL!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

You are working too hard on your computer when...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »