Anna McVeigh
Anna McVeigh
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:19
French to English
+ ...
Feb 27, 2015

Hello technical people,

I have used Tstream previously and am now using a Linux system instead of Windows. When I click on download to run or open the Tstream installer, it tries to open it using Mozilla Firefox and does not install Tstream. I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

I would be very grateful for any help suggested.

Thank you in advance,

Anna McVeigh

Piyush Ojha
Piyush Ojha  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:19
English to Hindi
+ ...
Can you give more information Feb 28, 2015

about the software and where you are downloading it from? Is it available for linux?

M.A.B.
M.A.B.
Poland
Local time: 00:19
English to Polish
+ ...
Java Feb 28, 2015

You need to have proper Java packages installed on your system first - for instance IcedTea Java Web Start. Once you have it, download the tesws.jnpl file and right-click to select running it with IcedTea. This should install TStream that you should be able to run from now on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing Tstream on a Linux system

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »