Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
MQ 5.0 worth 2 years of support & upgrade package?
Thread poster: Noe Tessmann
Elisabeth Bull
Elisabeth Bull  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:23
English to Norwegian
+ ...
I have post-analysis in my version 4.5.77 Feb 27, 2012

This is odd, because I still have a parallell version 4.5.77 of memoq on my computer, and there I have the option for post-translation analysis (under Overview - Reports - Options). I did use it actively on a project last spring (in 2011), but only to check my own progress. If an agency demands to pay based on a post-analysis, we really have to have this feature. If we do not, there is no way we can check the numbers we are presented with. If the translators are not supposed to have this featur... See more
This is odd, because I still have a parallell version 4.5.77 of memoq on my computer, and there I have the option for post-translation analysis (under Overview - Reports - Options). I did use it actively on a project last spring (in 2011), but only to check my own progress. If an agency demands to pay based on a post-analysis, we really have to have this feature. If we do not, there is no way we can check the numbers we are presented with. If the translators are not supposed to have this feature, it should not be available to the agencies either as it gives them weapons/means to attack our prices further (it is hard pressed already..).

Added later: I should mention that I filed a support ticket to Kilgray on this issue, and got a reply that indicates the feature will come back in the next update. If this is true: Thanks a lot, Kilgray!

------quote-------
The post-translation analysis was removed by developer error, it is not our intention to not have it in the client. We are restoring it in an upcoming build, I apologize for the inconvenience.
-------end quote---------

[quote]Gergely Vandor wrote:

We are investigating this. According to what I know, post-translation analysis for translators was an added (new) feature in version 5.0. It only works for handoff packages at the moment though, and not for online projects. I have to admit that at this point I personally don't know what exactly stopped us from making it available for online projects as well, but I suspect there might be some technical hurdle there.

If post-translation ever worked for transaltors in online projects before 5.0, that was probably unintentional.
------------------------------

Best regards,
Elisabeth

[Edited at 2012-02-27 14:18 GMT]
Collapse

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
Local time: 18:23
English to Hungarian
post translation analysis will be added back soon Mar 5, 2012

Hello Elisabeth,

Thank you for sharing this information. We are adding back post-translation analysis for translators (Translator Pro edition users) in online projects with the next build, 5.0.61.

Best regards,
Gergely

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MQ 5.0 worth 2 years of support & upgrade package?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »