TM's in Sharepoint Workspace
Thread poster: Profdoc
Profdoc
Profdoc
Local time: 15:03
Swedish to English
Nov 17, 2011

Microsoft's Sharepoint and Workspace have recently been introduced as file management programs at our office. I'd like store my memoQ TM's in Sharepoint but I can't get it to work properly. Does anybody in this forum know how to sort it out?

The problem is that I can't identify the correct search path to a TM that's been checked out from Sharepoint to my Workspace. The following search path structure works in the Windows browser but not in memoQ (e.g. in Tools -> Options -> Location
... See more
Microsoft's Sharepoint and Workspace have recently been introduced as file management programs at our office. I'd like store my memoQ TM's in Sharepoint but I can't get it to work properly. Does anybody in this forum know how to sort it out?

The problem is that I can't identify the correct search path to a TM that's been checked out from Sharepoint to my Workspace. The following search path structure works in the Windows browser but not in memoQ (e.g. in Tools -> Options -> Locations):

C:/Users/[my user]/Workspace/[my office]/Documents/MemoQ TM

MemoQ doesn't get any further than the Workspace folder which, to memoQ, appears to be empty. This might be because the Workspace folder isn't a standard folder but some kind of system folder. As far as I understand it, the Workspace folder is a "virtual" folder that "relays" the Windows browser to the actual location where the the checked out files are really on my computer (or something). The search path is however not valid in memoQ.

Does anybody know a solution to this?

Thanks!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM's in Sharepoint Workspace

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »