Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Is there a way to disable fragment assembly in MemoQ?
Thread poster: Claudio LR
Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 08:31
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
I hope it's not a resource Mar 8, 2012

István Lengyel wrote:

We are adding a new feature about the prioritization and display of different translation result types in memoQ 6

Will it be in the form of a light resource? I hope not, because I've had several problems with light resources getting corrupt when moving them between my desktop and laptop PCs. So far I've lost many non-translatable lists, auto-translation rules and QA rules because of this problem, which your Support team still doesn't acknowledge as a bug—correct me if I'm wrong.

[Edited at 2012-03-08 18:15 GMT]

Gail Bond
Gail Bond  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:31
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Useful for me... Mar 8, 2012

Steven Capsuto wrote:

I've never seen fragment assembly assemble anything remotely useful.

I translate a lot of catalogue text. One particular client used to describe their garment colours in great detail, in the format

Colour: blue, green, black, white, yellow
Colour: brown, green, yellow, purple, blue

etc.

I had all the colours entered in my termbase, and then MemoQ fragment assembled these lines for me. I would say that 99% of the time, the purple fragment assembly was correct, and saved me a lot of typing.

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:31
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ah, makes sense Mar 8, 2012

Gail Bond wrote:

I translate a lot of catalogue text. One particular client used to describe their garment colours in great detail, in the format

Colour: blue, green, black, white, yellow
Colour: brown, green, yellow, purple, blue

I had all the colours entered in my termbase

I can see it being very useful in situations like that: pretranslating lists of terms that are all in the termbase.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to disable fragment assembly in MemoQ?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »