Thread poster: Laura Castella
Laura Castella
Laura Castella  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:54
English to Spanish
Jan 31, 2012

Hi all,

I'm using MemoQ 5.0.58 to translate IDML files. I can export them with no problems but when the client imports the IDML files back into In-Design, he gets a ‘Missing Fonts’ warning, something that did not appear in the source files.

Does anybody know how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:54
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Indeed it happens Feb 1, 2012

Indeed it has happened to us as well. I think it does not happen with all IDML files, but in at least one project we had that issue. However, I did not have the time to establish the conditions in which it happens and report it to Kilgray's support people. In that case we had, we were forced to save the file as an INX (using an older version of InDesign) and retranslate the whole file with memoQ.

We are working on another rather large IDML file today. If we experience the problem ag
... See more
Indeed it has happened to us as well. I think it does not happen with all IDML files, but in at least one project we had that issue. However, I did not have the time to establish the conditions in which it happens and report it to Kilgray's support people. In that case we had, we were forced to save the file as an INX (using an older version of InDesign) and retranslate the whole file with memoQ.

We are working on another rather large IDML file today. If we experience the problem again, I will try to establish the causes and will report it here and to Kilgray.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Font problem with IDML files in MemoQ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »