memoq v. 5..56 and 5...57 general error message on startup
Thread poster: Carolyn Korzilius
Carolyn Korzilius
Carolyn Korzilius
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:41
German to English
Feb 25, 2012

Ever since downloading memoq version 5....57, I got a general error message but on first startup. I uninstalled, downgraded to v. ....56 and reinstalled to no effect. The support/developers now say an synchronizing/backup/antivirus software 'may' be accessing the TranslationMemory xml file, and (I only have the usual things, eset, spybot AV, Acronis backup and dtSearch. Hesitate to exclude stuff from AV or backup and all was fine till I downloaded 5....57 .
As upgrading and downgrading ha
... See more
Ever since downloading memoq version 5....57, I got a general error message but on first startup. I uninstalled, downgraded to v. ....56 and reinstalled to no effect. The support/developers now say an synchronizing/backup/antivirus software 'may' be accessing the TranslationMemory xml file, and (I only have the usual things, eset, spybot AV, Acronis backup and dtSearch. Hesitate to exclude stuff from AV or backup and all was fine till I downloaded 5....57 .
As upgrading and downgrading has no posive effect, and v. 5. 56 is said to be the most stable, I doubt that trying 5....59 would have any posibive effect.
Any suggestions anyone?
mtia
Carolyn
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:41
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Basic troubleshooting Feb 26, 2012

Have you tried disabling/uninstalling the antivirus software temporarily? This way you can know whether Kilgray are right in their assessment.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:41
Finnish to French
Try fixing .NET Feb 26, 2012

Since none of the various builds you tried (from 5.0.56 to 5.0.59) would work, I would assume the underlying problem is with the Microsoft .NET Framework (memoQ is a .NET application and therefore needs a working .NET problem in order to install and run properly).

Here is one way to uninstall/repair a non-functioning .NET in Windows 7:
... See more
Since none of the various builds you tried (from 5.0.56 to 5.0.59) would work, I would assume the underlying problem is with the Microsoft .NET Framework (memoQ is a .NET application and therefore needs a working .NET problem in order to install and run properly).

Here is one way to uninstall/repair a non-functioning .NET in Windows 7:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/windows-7-how-do-i-uninstall-repair-net-framework/efede128-0abb-4cd5-a8d6-65d5311db87f
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoq v. 5..56 and 5...57 general error message on startup

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »