FlyHi
FlyHi
France
Local time: 08:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2012

Hi!

I've been offered a translation. The source format is TXML and the customer wishes me to preserve this format for the translation. The problem is I don't have Wordfast, just MemoQ. Is there any way of working with TXML files in MemoQ without having to navigate through all the mark-up?

TIA!

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:24
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Isnt' tXML an XML file? Mar 12, 2012

I thought a tXML file was an XML file in the end.

You should be able to import the files into memoQ as XML files. I would try to change the file's extension to XML and give it a try. If it works nicely, then you can import the files in memoQ, without changing the extension, just selecting the XML filter when you use Add document as....

I hope this helps!

Also, you might want to ask the moderators to move this to the memoQ support forum, where you might get
... See more
I thought a tXML file was an XML file in the end.

You should be able to import the files into memoQ as XML files. I would try to change the file's extension to XML and give it a try. If it works nicely, then you can import the files in memoQ, without changing the extension, just selecting the XML filter when you use Add document as....

I hope this helps!

Also, you might want to ask the moderators to move this to the memoQ support forum, where you might get more answers.
Collapse

Nicolas Coyer (X)
Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:24
Spanish to French
+ ...
supported Mar 12, 2012

Hi,

TXML is always listed as one of the formats MemoQ supports.
This video should help you:
http://vimeo.com/36840546

Nicolas

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 01:24
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
It works if you have memoQ 5.0 Mar 13, 2012

Nicolas Coyer wrote:

Hi,

TXML is always listed as one of the formats MemoQ supports.
This video should help you:
http://vimeo.com/36840546

Nicolas

if not, you will have to pre-segment the TXML files as depicted in: http://blog.albatrossolutions.com/tent-cat-tools/translating-wordfast-txml-files-in-memoq

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:24
Finnish to French
Use memoQ 5.0.53 or later Mar 13, 2012

FlyHi wrote:
I've been offered a translation. The source format is TXML and the customer wishes me to preserve this format for the translation. The problem is I don't have Wordfast, just MemoQ. Is there any way of working with TXML files in MemoQ without having to navigate through all the mark-up?

Why do you post this to the 'General technical issues' forum, since there is a dedicated memoQ forum? Your issue is a non-issue if you use memoQ 5.0.53 or later, which supports the TXML format directly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with TXML in MemoQ

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »