memoQ
Thread poster: Hew
Hew
Hew
United Kingdom
English to French
Apr 25, 2012

I've just downloaded a trial version of MemoQ. The software seems to be without any TM. Where can I find some TM English to French? How can I use my Trados TM?
Thanks ++

msoutopico
msoutopico  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 16:05
English to Galician
+ ...
DGT-TM + TMX Apr 25, 2012

Hi Hew,

1) You can download, for example, the translation memory of the Acquis Communautaire
http://langtech.jrc.it/DGT-TM.html. The UN also has some material.

2) In order to use your Trados TM in memoQ (or any other CAT tool), you need to export it to TMX format, and then import it in memoQ. TMX is the standard format for exchange purposes.

memoQ being so
... See more
Hi Hew,

1) You can download, for example, the translation memory of the Acquis Communautaire
http://langtech.jrc.it/DGT-TM.html. The UN also has some material.

2) In order to use your Trados TM in memoQ (or any other CAT tool), you need to export it to TMX format, and then import it in memoQ. TMX is the standard format for exchange purposes.

memoQ being so compatibility-friendly, there might be another means to import the Trados TM, but I'm not aware of it, I've started using memoQ only a few days ago.

Cheers, Manuel
Collapse

Hew
Hew
United Kingdom
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
DGT-TM + TMX Apr 25, 2012

Many thanks for that Manuel, that is helpful

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:05
English to Polish
+ ...
Mymemory Plugin Apr 29, 2012

Hew wrote:

Many thanks for that Manuel, that is helpful

You will also have access to some TMs online, if you enable the MyMemory plugin. But it is not guaranteed that any matches will come up. It depends on the similarity to the text you translate.

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »