Access of on-line project manager to translator term bases
Thread poster: luis-alex
luis-alex
luis-alex  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:31
English to Russian
Jun 24, 2014

Does a manager of an on-line project in MemoQ have possibility to download my translation memories and term bases without my permission while I am in on-line project. Consider only technical possibility))

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:31
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nope Jun 24, 2014

As far as I am aware, none of your local resources you enable in your local (checked-out) copy of the project is visible or accessible to the customer.

Despite the fact that you work on an online project, you can tweak your local copy of the project by adding/removing resources without the customer noticing.

However, if you want to make this absolutely certain for critical security/privacy considerations on your end, you might want to confirm this fact with Kilgray's su
... See more
As far as I am aware, none of your local resources you enable in your local (checked-out) copy of the project is visible or accessible to the customer.

Despite the fact that you work on an online project, you can tweak your local copy of the project by adding/removing resources without the customer noticing.

However, if you want to make this absolutely certain for critical security/privacy considerations on your end, you might want to confirm this fact with Kilgray's support.

[Edited at 2014-06-24 12:02 GMT]
Collapse

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 20:31
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Kilgray says no :) Jun 24, 2014

They can see what you are translating, but not your local resources at all.

luis-alex
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Very well Jun 25, 2014

Thanks everybody I've got the point.

luis-alex
Russian Federation
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
New question Jul 6, 2014

Now I am working in on-line project, I've got on-line translation memory and term base. I've made as primary term base my local term base, on-line term base is just linked but every entered term gets into the on-line term base! How is it possible?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Access of on-line project manager to translator term bases

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »