Subscriptions tracking and management
Thread poster: Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:00
English to Russian
Jul 3, 2021

As you are all aware, you get services and software on a subscription basis now. So you need to track your subscriptions to avoid any nasty surprises. I have tried several options and came up with two excellent choices.

1. TrackMySubs

Dashboard-TrackMySubs

7f2fca74-4b7a-4592-a083-3fa6f8f5845d

The free plan (Starter) lets you track up to 10 subscriptions.
Starter Plus, $6 per month or $60 per year - 20 subscriptions.
Entrepreneur, $12 per month or $120 per year - 50 subscriptions.
Unlimited, $18 per month or $180 per year - unlimited number of subscriptions.

- Web
- Alert profiles (e.g. 1 week before, 3 days before, and 1 day before the payment date), paid plans only
- Lifetime deals tracking
- Over 160 currencies and conversion of all subscriptions to your base currency
- CSV import/export
- drag-and-drop, etc.

Update (as of July 3, 2021 4:52am GMT):

- It seems they don't offer iOS or Android companion apps
- You can easily get the Unlimited plan for $90 per year

Screenshot 2021-07-03 065804

2. Bobby

An excellent app, iOS only.

------------------------------------

N.B. Please suggest your own favorite, if you know one.

[Edited at 2021-07-03 05:00 GMT]

Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 09:00
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
An ordinary online calendar Jul 5, 2021

I use the calendar feature of Hotmail; you can create any type of calendar therein, e.g. a "Subscriptions" calendar where you can track your subscriptions therein and thus avoid nasty surprises.
I suppose other online calendars offer similar features.

Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:00
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Online calendars provide basic functionality only Jul 5, 2021

Thanks for mentioning this option, Georgi. You can also use an Excel spreadsheet if you wish.

I have tried using calendars for subscription tracking purposes. However, TrackMySubs offers many advantages over a spreadsheet or calendar. And it is very easy to use indeed. A pleasant experience, you know.

1. Conversions from multiple currencies to your base currency (Russian ruble in my case).

2. Multiple alerts based on alert templates a.k.a. alert profiles. F
... See more
Thanks for mentioning this option, Georgi. You can also use an Excel spreadsheet if you wish.

I have tried using calendars for subscription tracking purposes. However, TrackMySubs offers many advantages over a spreadsheet or calendar. And it is very easy to use indeed. A pleasant experience, you know.

1. Conversions from multiple currencies to your base currency (Russian ruble in my case).

2. Multiple alerts based on alert templates a.k.a. alert profiles. For instance, for annual subscriptions, you can set up the alerts so that you will receive the first alert 1 month before the payment date, then 2 weeks before the due date, then 5 days before the due date, etc.

3. Placing the subscriptions into different categories, or folders (e.g. Utilities, Entertainment, Business), with an option to add subcategories (e.g. Business -> Software, Internet, Mobile, Taxes). This will help you analyze and cut down your costs.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subscriptions tracking and management

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »