Thread poster: mutarjem
mutarjem
mutarjem  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:39
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 6, 2010

Dear 7th Proz.com conference Prague 2010 attendees and participants,

It is my pleasure to write to you today as we all look forward to attend the above mentioned event and share expertise with each other. I have prepared a workshopt that I am sure all of you will be interested in (I am actually taking part as a speaker in the conference), as it contains great tips and tricks in the field of terminology management and glossary creation, using automated techniques that speed up the pr
... See more
Dear 7th Proz.com conference Prague 2010 attendees and participants,

It is my pleasure to write to you today as we all look forward to attend the above mentioned event and share expertise with each other. I have prepared a workshopt that I am sure all of you will be interested in (I am actually taking part as a speaker in the conference), as it contains great tips and tricks in the field of terminology management and glossary creation, using automated techniques that speed up the process and make our lives easier.

I have prepared my workshop subjects and I was really hoping you share your thoughts with me, as I do not know the level of participants in using Multiterm and Babylon. I have arranged for my session to address intermediate to advanced levels, as that where the cream of the tips and tricks will show. I understand that 1:15 hours is not enough for such an interesting subject, especially for a workshop, but I am going to work with what we have.

I am planning to talk about the following (practically of course, not theoritically):

1- Definitions and importance of terminology management.
2- Creating an advanced Multiterm termbase from an Excel Sheet.
3- How complete your Termbase is?
4- Advanced Termbase Search and Filtering.
5- Using Multiterm with Tageditor.
6- Using Multiterm with SDL Studio.
7- Working with Input Models.
8- Export gimmicks.
9- Creating a Babylon Glossary using Babylon Builder
10- Preparation of Resource files and Regular Expression Magic

I know the above might seem too much for just one hour, but I will do my best to be as fast as possible.

I believe the above topics cover most of the basic things we need to learn, and there is not going to be enough time for Multiterm Extract, Alas. Therefore, I would like you to share your ideas with me, should you need me to focus on anything in particular that you are interested in learning and based on your feedback, we can adjust the workshop topics accordingly. At the end of the day, my main focus is to polish your skills as much as we can in this short workshop.

I am sure all of you shall be delighted in attending the session and I do look forward to meeting all of you in such a great event. My thanks go too to Anne and Pavel, who have really exerted wonderful effort in gathering all of us in a very friendly and interesting atomsphere.

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to your feedback. You can contact me directly using my email of course.

Sameh Ragab

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-07-08 18:26 GMT]
Collapse

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sample beginner's guide to quickly convert HTMLs to Excel Jul 14, 2010

Click the below link for one beginner tutorial on how to compile HTML webpages and convert them into an excel sheet that can be used for termbase or babylon glossary creation. Please allow a minute or so for the SWF to load.

The SWF was prepared for 1680 at 1050 screen resolution, as I am using a wide screen. Let me know if you need me to put that in a 800 x 600 resolution.
... See more
Click the below link for one beginner tutorial on how to compile HTML webpages and convert them into an excel sheet that can be used for termbase or babylon glossary creation. Please allow a minute or so for the SWF to load.

The SWF was prepared for 1680 at 1050 screen resolution, as I am using a wide screen. Let me know if you need me to put that in a 800 x 600 resolution.

http://www.atg2ftp.com/Glossary_Building_from_HTML_Files-Preparation_Phaze.swf

Cheers to all of you.

Sam Ragab
Collapse

mutarjem
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Search and Replace Tip = Excel Preparation Jul 21, 2010

Here is a quick tip to convert HTML Content into Excel sheet that is ready for Termbase or Babylon glossary creation.

I hope you like it.

http://www.atg2ftp.com/tip_001.swf

There will be a lot more at the conference, so come and join us.

All the best.

Sameh Ragab

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Prague conference 2010: Terminology Management and Glossary Creation Session

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »