Rome conference - how to get the discount?
Thread poster: Claudia Schreiner
Claudia Schreiner
Claudia Schreiner  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 14:03
English to German
+ ...
Apr 7, 2011

Hi Daniela,

could you please tell me how I get the discount of EUR 10,00 for the conference fee? (If I click on "Register now", it's not possible.)

And why does it charge the tax, even though I have a VAT-number?

Could you answer me, please?

Thanks,
Claudia

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Special Pricing until 20:00 GMT today Apr 7, 2011

Hello Claudia,
and thanks for expressing your interest in the 1st ProZ.com Europe International Conference.

The pricing on display today until 20:00 GMT this evening already includes the 10 euro discount (265 for members instead of 275, and 280 for non-members instead of 290).

After 20:00 GMT the pricing display will revert to full price.

As for VAT charge, I am afraid I am unable to answer your question...
See more
Hello Claudia,
and thanks for expressing your interest in the 1st ProZ.com Europe International Conference.

The pricing on display today until 20:00 GMT this evening already includes the 10 euro discount (265 for members instead of 275, and 280 for non-members instead of 290).

After 20:00 GMT the pricing display will revert to full price.

As for VAT charge, I am afraid I am unable to answer your question
I suggest you to contact ProZ.com Site staff via the Support Request system http://www.proz.com/support/

I'm looking forward to meeting you in Rome, don't hesitate to contact me via my proifle page if you need further information.

Ciao,
Daniela
Collapse

Claudia Schreiner
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
discount Rome conference Apr 7, 2011

Hi Daniela,

thank you for your reply. But this is very confusing, because it says "regular price" on the main page and nowhere that this was the price with the discount. I hope I can still make use of this offer, because I'm on time. First I thought it was ending at 20.00 CET, but I just realized that it's GMT, right?

Anyway, I'll check with the support my tax-question. Don't worry, you need not know everything...
See more
Hi Daniela,

thank you for your reply. But this is very confusing, because it says "regular price" on the main page and nowhere that this was the price with the discount. I hope I can still make use of this offer, because I'm on time. First I thought it was ending at 20.00 CET, but I just realized that it's GMT, right?

Anyway, I'll check with the support my tax-question. Don't worry, you need not know everything

Best regards,
Claudia
Collapse

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
regular :-) Apr 7, 2011

Hi Claudia,
I agree...there is apparently no visible difference, bur "regular pricing" is what is used once the early bird offer (which ended a couple of months ago) is over.
After 20:00 GMT (22:00 CEST) it will still be regular pricing, but the displayed price will no longer include the 10 Euro discount.
Thanks again for your interest, I promise you a great event
D.

Claudia Schreiner
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
regular Apr 7, 2011

Thank you, Daniela! O.k. Well, unfortunately I missed the early bird - my fault.

Looking forward to meeting you and all the other kind colleagues at the conference! I'm sure it will be great!

Claudia

Claudia Schreiner
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
everything solved :-) Apr 7, 2011

Hi again,

stupid me! I've also solved my tax question: I forgot to put VAT ID under "Tax ID name" in my profile.

Now I only have to find a nice B&B or hostel close to the conference venue...

Thank you for all your efforts, Daniela!

Looking forward to meeting you at the conference!
Claudia

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Rome conference - how to get the discount?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »