ProZ.com/TV International Translation Day program published
Thread poster: Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Sep 7, 2023

I am pleased to announce that ProZ.com will be hosting an online event for International Translation Day on September 27-29th, 2023. Full event details, the tentative program and the networking events information can be viewed at https://www.proz.com/tv/ITD2023

You can add calendar invites as well as browser notifications to be sent when specific sessions begin. The three-day event (including a day dedicated to the networking event) is completely free to watch live and can be viewed from any device at multiple destinations. Recordings will be available for ProZ.com Plus membership subscribers.

Hope to see many of you on September 27-29th!

All the best!
Helen

ProZ.com Training, Tools, Events and Certification Team

Angela Luana Zalazar Aguirre

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:51
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Registration and ATA CE points Sep 7, 2023

Hi there, I have a couple of questions.

Browsing the FAQ at the link provided by you I see:

"Do I need to register?
Yes, you need to register. Be sure to register for the event to get updates and reminders as the dates approach: click on "Register for this event" at https://www.proz.com/tv/success_steps"

Copying and pasting the address (in the actual pa
... See more

"Do I need to register?
Yes, you need to register. Be sure to register for the event to get updates and reminders as the dates approach: click on "Register for this event" at https://www.proz.com/tv/success_steps"

Copying and pasting the address (in the actual page this is not a clickable link) takes to an event that apparently took place 5 years ago: International Translation Day 2018, and accessible only to Plus package subscribers. Oversight or yet another bug?
Note that the same address (this time an actual link) also appears at the FAQ "Will I receive a certificate of attendance?".
Updated: When I click the link from this post I'm taken to an "Event not found page". What's going on?

Anyhow, and most importantly — at least for me — is the following:

"Has the event been awarded ATA CE points?
Yes. Attendees at the ProZ.com/TV The 1st ProZ.com Virtual Conference for Remote Interpreters can earn up to 5 ATA CE Points. Participants may earn points by logging their time at https://www.proz.com/tv/RemoteInterpreting2023 during the live hours."

The above is unclear and confusing.

Why you guys mention the 1st ProZ.com Virtual Conference for Remote Interpreters (which already took place in March) and not the upcoming "regular" International Translation Day conference?
In the past participants could earn up to 10 ATA CE points per event (based on their logged time). Has something changed in this regard or are you simply using an old page that has not been updated?

Specifically, I'd like an answer to my question:
Will attendees of the event A transformative leap: language professionals at the crossroads of tradition and innovation be able to earn ATA CE points, and if Yes, how many? Please clarify.

Thank you kindly

PS. Please note that at least 3 of the 4 FAQ posted have issues. Hopefully the answer to the remaining one "Is the event free to attend?" is correct, as well as the statement that it's free for everyone regardless of their membership status.

[Edited at 2023-09-07 18:03 GMT]
Collapse

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Further information Sep 8, 2023

texjax DDS PhD wrote:

"Do I need to register?

Copying and pasting the address (in the actual page this is not a clickable link) takes to an event that apparently took place 5 years ago: International Translation Day 2018, and accessible only to Plus package subscribers. Oversight or yet another bug?
Note that the same address (this time an actual link) also appears at the FAQ "Will I receive a certificate of attendance?".
Updated: When I click the link from this post I'm taken to an "Event not found page". What's going on?

Anyhow, and most importantly — at least for me — is the following:

"Has the event been awarded ATA CE points?
Yes. Attendees at the ProZ.com/TV The 1st ProZ.com Virtual Conference for Remote Interpreters can earn up to 5 ATA CE Points. Participants may earn points by logging their time at https://www.proz.com/tv/RemoteInterpreting2023 during the live hours."

The above is unclear and confusing.

Why you guys mention the 1st ProZ.com Virtual Conference for Remote Interpreters (which already took place in March) and not the upcoming "regular" International Translation Day conference?
In the past participants could earn up to 10 ATA CE points per event (based on their logged time). Has something changed in this regard or are you simply using an old page that has not been updated?

Will attendees of the event A transformative leap: language professionals at the crossroads of tradition and innovation be able to earn ATA CE points, and if Yes, how many? Please clarify.

Thank you kindly

PS. Please note that at least 3 of the 4 FAQ posted have issues. Hopefully the answer to the remaining one "Is the event free to attend?" is correct, as well as the statement that it's free for everyone regardless of their membership status.

[Edited at 2023-09-07 18:03 GMT]

Hello texjax DDS PhD,

Thank you for investigating and reporting the issue. Much appreciated!

I will keep you posted on the ATA points. Please stay tuned!

All the best,
Helen

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:51
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Red Register button Sep 8, 2023

is on the event page, top left towards the centre (you don't need to go to another page)
https://www.proz.com/tv/ITD2023

texjax DDS PhD
texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:51
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Any update? Sep 12, 2023

Hi Helen

Do you have any update on the above?
How long does it take for this question to be answered?

Kindly advise.

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
10 ATA CE points Sep 18, 2023

texjax DDS PhD wrote:

Hi Helen

Do you have any update on the above?
How long does it take for this question to be answered?

Kindly advise.

Dear texjax DDS PhD,

Thank you for your patience. Let me confirm that 10 ATA CE points were pre-approved for the ITD 2023 event.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

All the bests,
Helen

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

ProZ.com/TV International Translation Day program published

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »