For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
Concise writing for subtitling

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "Concise writing for subtitling".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Hajnalka Kis
Hajnalka Kis  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 19:18
Membru (2009)
din germană în maghiară
+ ...
Managing uncommon situations Jul 16, 2010

Since we haven't heard a lot, because of technical problems, I can't really comment the course details.

I'd like to thank to Leslie, how he was able to manage this uncommon situation. This was my 2nd webinar, I'm not sure, if problems like yesterday, happen often or not. (Honestly, I think, because of the embarrassment of Leslie, this is an uncommon issue).
Maybe I'd have waited a bit less, before announcing that the course will be interrupted, maybe not. We all work with compu
... See more
Since we haven't heard a lot, because of technical problems, I can't really comment the course details.

I'd like to thank to Leslie, how he was able to manage this uncommon situation. This was my 2nd webinar, I'm not sure, if problems like yesterday, happen often or not. (Honestly, I think, because of the embarrassment of Leslie, this is an uncommon issue).
Maybe I'd have waited a bit less, before announcing that the course will be interrupted, maybe not. We all work with computers, and know well, that those problems are not easy to handle.
Anyway, I'm not demoralized, it was a kind of best practice in handling this situation.
Thank you, Leslie, thanks proz, *hear* you soon!
Collapse

Jenni Lukac (X)
Jenni Lukac (X)  Identity Verified
din spaniolă în engleză
+ ...
I would like this course to rescheduled, if possible Jul 16, 2010

It was a shame that the voice connection broke during the session. If it could be rscheduled, I would be delighted.

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
Statele Unite
Local time: 13:18
din spaniolă în engleză
+ ...
Course to be rescheduled Jul 16, 2010

Unfortunately we did have technical issues. The internet connection on Paul's end was unstable and we lost audio and visual a few times. Thanks for being understanding and patient.

We will definitely reschedule this course and are targeting next Thursday at the same time. I hope to have that confirmed today and will inform all participants of the new time and send out the new registration details.

We try to ensure all webinars and online training is free from inter
... See more
Unfortunately we did have technical issues. The internet connection on Paul's end was unstable and we lost audio and visual a few times. Thanks for being understanding and patient.

We will definitely reschedule this course and are targeting next Thursday at the same time. I hope to have that confirmed today and will inform all participants of the new time and send out the new registration details.

We try to ensure all webinars and online training is free from interruption, delays and technical glitches.

I will post to this thread when we have the confirmed rescheduling of this course.

Regards,

Drew
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazilia
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Repated on July 29 at 16:00 GMT Jul 16, 2010

Dear all,

The session will be repeated on July 29 at 16:00 GMT.

Those registered and paid for this session will have free access to both the session and video on the new date. If you will not be able to attend on July 29, please submit a support request at http://www.proz.com/training/support to request a refund.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused you.<
... See more
Dear all,

The session will be repeated on July 29 at 16:00 GMT.

Those registered and paid for this session will have free access to both the session and video on the new date. If you will not be able to attend on July 29, please submit a support request at http://www.proz.com/training/support to request a refund.

Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

Best regards,

Soledad
Collapse

Jenni Lukac (X)
Jenni Lukac (X)  Identity Verified
din spaniolă în engleză
+ ...
Worth waiting for the repeat session Jul 30, 2010

I enjoyed all three of Paul's sessions. It was very nice of him to reschedule the 'Concise Writing' session that had to be suspended due to technical problems. I am very interested in doing subtitling for documentary films in the future but his tips have already been useful to me in my copywriting.

[Edited at 2010-07-30 07:59 GMT]

potra
potra
Statele Unite
Local time: 13:18
Membru (2007)
din engleză în italiană
+ ...
Concise writingfor subtitling Jul 30, 2010

I really enjoyed the webinar, the sound-quality was excellent this second time around and the instructor was very knowledgeable and experienced. I wish I could attend a classroom course in Paris with this particular instructor.

Kudoz all around for Paul Memmi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concise writing for subtitling

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »