TGB TRADOS/platinum offer: will my membership be extended? What about VAT tax?
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
Frankrijk
Local time: 17:20
Frans naar Engels
Jun 11, 2003

I checked the FAQ section on the TGB site, but didn't find the answers to my questions:

Does the current special offer apply to existing platinum memberships, i.e. by extending the membership for 6 months?

Is there VAT for shipment to EU countries?

Thanks to anyone who might know the answers to these questions.

Regards,
Sara

Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:20
Lid 2003
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
See below Jun 11, 2003

If you're talking about the Trados offer, I would comment that, when I took up the offer for Trados 5.5, I was charged VAT, and I live in the UK. I assume that the same would apply for Trados 6.

As for who can buy it, the way I read it is that any proZ member (whether Platinum or not) can buy it. This was certainly the case when I purchased Trados 5.5, since at that time I was not a Platinum member. If you are an existing Platinum member, it appears that your membership will be exte
... See more
If you're talking about the Trados offer, I would comment that, when I took up the offer for Trados 5.5, I was charged VAT, and I live in the UK. I assume that the same would apply for Trados 6.

As for who can buy it, the way I read it is that any proZ member (whether Platinum or not) can buy it. This was certainly the case when I purchased Trados 5.5, since at that time I was not a Platinum member. If you are an existing Platinum member, it appears that your membership will be extended by 6 months.

I stand corrected on the above if my reading of the situation is incorrect.

[Edited at 2003-06-11 12:16]
Collapse

Sarah Ponting
Sarah Ponting  Identity Verified
Italië
Italiaans naar Engels
+ ...
I was wondering about this offer too Jun 11, 2003

I agree with Paul that it sounds as though existing Platinum members would be entitled to a 6-month extension of their membership.

As for VAT - does anyone know what percentage is charged? In Italy VAT for services and most products is 20%, but I don't know about elsewhere.

[Edited at 2003-06-11 12:22]

Jordane Boury
Jordane Boury  Identity Verified
Frankrijk
Engels naar Frans
+ ...
TGB offer (answers & explanations) Jun 11, 2003

Similar issues were raised recently in another section of the forum (General Tech Support), I think that you will find loads of useful insights in there :

http://www.proz.com/topic/11618

Cheers,

Jordane

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:20
OPRICHTER SITE
'Yes' on platinum extension, 16% VAT in EU for non-exempts Jun 11, 2003

Platinum membership: yes it will be extended by 6 months.

Taxes -- here is the latest, as far as I know:

------------------

Since payment and shipping are handled directly between you and the vendor, you can expect the same terms to apply as would apply if you ordered directly.

The amount of tax you will be charged depends on the laws of the country of the product vendor and the country from which you buy.

For TR
... See more
Platinum membership: yes it will be extended by 6 months.

Taxes -- here is the latest, as far as I know:

------------------

Since payment and shipping are handled directly between you and the vendor, you can expect the same terms to apply as would apply if you ordered directly.

The amount of tax you will be charged depends on the laws of the country of the product vendor and the country from which you buy.

For TRADOS:

Shipment is made from Ireland. Therefore, if you live in an EU country, you will be charged 16% VAT tax unless you have a registered business with a VAT number--in which case you are exempt.

Buyers in non-EU countries are in most cases not charged tax. One exception is for orders from the US states of California and Virginia. State and local taxes apply there because TRADOS has offices in those states. The percentage in Virginia is fixed (at 4.5% at the time this was written; consult local resources for more up-to-date info). In California, a state tax of 7.25% applies, in addition to a local tax of 0.125% - 0.5%, depending on the district in which you live. Please consult your local resources for up-to-date data.

Whatever the tax amount, it will be calculated and shown to you on the TRADOS order page before you buy.

------------------

Thanks for raising these questions. I have added appropriate FAQs to http://www.TranslatorGroupBuying.com
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(en) van dit forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TGB TRADOS/platinum offer: will my membership be extended? What about VAT tax?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »