Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:54
English to German
+ ...
Aug 4, 2004

Hello all,

I have been using TO3000 for some time now, and I am very satisfied with it.

However, up to now I never had to create a phantom invoice, therefore I am not very familiar with this feature.

Today I received a payment that was less than the amount invoiced (due to transfer fees, etc.). Therefore I wanted to take advantage of the phantom invoice feature, but it seems that the button is deactivated. I tried to create the phantom invoice from within
... See more
Hello all,

I have been using TO3000 for some time now, and I am very satisfied with it.

However, up to now I never had to create a phantom invoice, therefore I am not very familiar with this feature.

Today I received a payment that was less than the amount invoiced (due to transfer fees, etc.). Therefore I wanted to take advantage of the phantom invoice feature, but it seems that the button is deactivated. I tried to create the phantom invoice from within the payment window. The button can be found on the "Linked with invoices" tab.

I also found the following hint in the manual and help pages:
Note: Availability of Phantom Invoice and Phantom Payment buttons is controlled by Phantoms page of Settings window

I already tried to change these settings, but no matter what I do, I am not able to get the button activated.

Any suggestions (apart from contacting support)?

TIA,

Sonja
Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:54
Swedish to English
+ ...
How to create a phantom invoice Aug 5, 2004

I had the same problem, and the answer seems to be to go into Settings and set the "limit phantoms by maximum of" to a high number of units. I found that setting the maximum to 10 units did not activate the Phantom button in New Payments, but 1000 units did. But I don't understand why. Perhaps the units are Euro cents?

[Edited at 2004-08-05 09:08]

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
did you try entering a larger figure? Aug 5, 2004

Hi Sonja,

The help says:

'In Phantoms page of Settings window you can define limit for creating Phantom Payments and Phantom Invoices:
"Limit phantoms by maximum of: /n/ units"

If the remainder of the Payment or Invoice is larger than value specified here, Phantom Payment button in Linked with Payments page of New Invoice or Edit Invoice will be disabled:
Otherwise, it will be enabled.'

Try entering a larger figure for /n/
I c
... See more
Hi Sonja,

The help says:

'In Phantoms page of Settings window you can define limit for creating Phantom Payments and Phantom Invoices:
"Limit phantoms by maximum of: /n/ units"

If the remainder of the Payment or Invoice is larger than value specified here, Phantom Payment button in Linked with Payments page of New Invoice or Edit Invoice will be disabled:
Otherwise, it will be enabled.'

Try entering a larger figure for /n/
I can't find any other setting that would enable the button

Grace.
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Setting to 1000 didn't work Aug 5, 2004

Thank you, Lars and Graciela,

I have already found this setting and tried to change it, but no matter if I enter 0, 1, 5 or 1000, the button is still deactivated.
I assume that the units refer to the number of words, lines, or whatever is used for measurement. In this particular case the invoice is based on a flat fee, and I wonder if that's the problem here.
I have now contacted support. I'll let you know what they say.

Kindly,

Sonja... See more
Thank you, Lars and Graciela,

I have already found this setting and tried to change it, but no matter if I enter 0, 1, 5 or 1000, the button is still deactivated.
I assume that the units refer to the number of words, lines, or whatever is used for measurement. In this particular case the invoice is based on a flat fee, and I wonder if that's the problem here.
I have now contacted support. I'll let you know what they say.

Kindly,

Sonja
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it! Aug 5, 2004

Dear all,

just wanted to let you know that I have finally managed to get the thing working.

I have to admit that it was me who was mistaken, not the system.

On creating a new payment, I mistakenly linked the payment with the actual invoice. TO3000 disables the phantom button once a link has been created. I did not fully understand that the phantom option creates a new invoice with the amount paid.

But that left me with the problem that I sti
... See more
Dear all,

just wanted to let you know that I have finally managed to get the thing working.

I have to admit that it was me who was mistaken, not the system.

On creating a new payment, I mistakenly linked the payment with the actual invoice. TO3000 disables the phantom button once a link has been created. I did not fully understand that the phantom option creates a new invoice with the amount paid.

But that left me with the problem that I still had an invoice opened. I have decided not to create a phantom invoice, but a phantom payment. You can do this from the invoice tab, where you simply have to choose the invoice, link it with a payment and add the missing amount as phantom payment.

Thank you all for your kind help.

Sonja
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TO3000: Phantom invoice

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »