Thread poster: Angel_7
Angel_7
Angel_7  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:07
French to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2006

I have a pdf document i am trying to edit. I seem to be able to edit most of it in Adobe Acrobat standard version (even though this is time consuming), but there is a chart in the document with French labels that I cannot edit. Is there any software out there that I can use that will enable me to translate the words, i.e. edit the object. Adobe Acrobat will only let me move it around.

Ahmed Dahman
Ahmed Dahman  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 15:07
English to Arabic
+ ...
Adobe Acrobat Professional Mar 24, 2006

Hi Sarah

I think Adobe Acrobat Professional will help you to move and edit the image elements.
Another way is to edit the image with adobe photoshop that will help you to erase the source text and write the target one.
Best wishes of success

Kind regards
A.H.Dahman

María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 07:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
Adobe Illustrator Mar 25, 2006

What I usually do is open the PDF document in Adobe Illustrator 10 (it lets you open PDF files one page at a time), and edit the text.

Most of the time, the text is editable, through clicking it, although it often appears in groups, that is, groups of letters, so it's best to select it and delete it, and then add the translated text.

It depends on how the PDF file was created, though. If the pages appear as flat images (no clickable text) in Illustrator, then what I
... See more
What I usually do is open the PDF document in Adobe Illustrator 10 (it lets you open PDF files one page at a time), and edit the text.

Most of the time, the text is editable, through clicking it, although it often appears in groups, that is, groups of letters, so it's best to select it and delete it, and then add the translated text.

It depends on how the PDF file was created, though. If the pages appear as flat images (no clickable text) in Illustrator, then what I do is cover the source text with a white box (or the background color) and type the translated text over it.

Hope that helps
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Objects in pdf documents

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »