Umutay Midinova
Umutay Midinova
Kirguistán
Local time: 11:58
inglés al kirguisio
+ ...
Aug 15, 2007

Hello all,

Adobe Acrobat Pro stopped to reflect local fonts. What I am interested in are three language specific letters. The font is Cyrillic-based. The fonts are installed in the system and work fine in Microsoft Office. It works perfectly before re-installing the system, of which comments left in documents are evident. The letters in question are present in documents arrived for revising. It is a very nice option for making comments rather than using Office applications.
Ha
... See more
Hello all,

Adobe Acrobat Pro stopped to reflect local fonts. What I am interested in are three language specific letters. The font is Cyrillic-based. The fonts are installed in the system and work fine in Microsoft Office. It works perfectly before re-installing the system, of which comments left in documents are evident. The letters in question are present in documents arrived for revising. It is a very nice option for making comments rather than using Office applications.
Have somebody ever come accross this problem?

Have you found the way out?
Any suggections are welcome.
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 07:58
Miembro 2001
inglés al italiano
+ ...
try copy/paste or set Comments preferences Aug 15, 2007

Did you try to copy the special characters from the document and past them in the comment box?

Or copying it from Windows "Character Map" (this may be called differently in the English version of Windows - I'm translating this feature's name directly from Italian - it's the utility you get from Start > Programs > Accessories > System Utilities, which lists all available characters for all installed fonts)

Also, check your comments preferences:
In Acrobat, in Edit
... See more
Did you try to copy the special characters from the document and past them in the comment box?

Or copying it from Windows "Character Map" (this may be called differently in the English version of Windows - I'm translating this feature's name directly from Italian - it's the utility you get from Start > Programs > Accessories > System Utilities, which lists all available characters for all installed fonts)

Also, check your comments preferences:
In Acrobat, in Edit > Preferences, choose Comment Creation (again, I'm re-translating from my Italian Acrobat, actual option might be called Commenting, or something similar), then select the requird font from the fonts menu at the top of the dialog box - this sets the default font to use in all comments. IT might be corrently set to Arial, or other font which might not have your required special characters.

Hope this helps,
Roberta
Collapse

Umutay Midinova
Umutay Midinova
Kirguistán
Local time: 11:58
inglés al kirguisio
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Not the case Aug 15, 2007

Thank you for quick response, Roberta

But it is not the case, suppose I can do copy and pasting job, but I definitely remember that I typed comments like I do in Word. These comments are saved in previous documents.

Concerning the possible wrong font, Arial, Times and Courrier are basic fonts where local letters used, so it is not the case.

Trying to do something that will help me, I nearly crashed the system. So if in the seen future no reasonable answer
... See more
Thank you for quick response, Roberta

But it is not the case, suppose I can do copy and pasting job, but I definitely remember that I typed comments like I do in Word. These comments are saved in previous documents.

Concerning the possible wrong font, Arial, Times and Courrier are basic fonts where local letters used, so it is not the case.

Trying to do something that will help me, I nearly crashed the system. So if in the seen future no reasonable answer arrives I will give up and leave the whole business as hopeless one.
Collapse

Nadiia and Vatslav Yehurnovy
Nadiia and Vatslav Yehurnovy
Ucrania
Local time: 08:58
Miembro 2008
inglés al ruso
+ ...
Maybe fonts are embedded/not embedded... Aug 15, 2007

The problem might be that in the older documents fonts were embedded and now they are not embedded, or vice versa. You can always look it up in the "Document Properties..."
So if the new document is different in this way - try to change it - or ask for changing the new document to the previous templates. It might help...

BTW, the standard Windows fonts (Arial, Courier, Times New Roman, etc.) almost always cause numerous weird troubles in the DTP programs, especially with non-L
... See more
The problem might be that in the older documents fonts were embedded and now they are not embedded, or vice versa. You can always look it up in the "Document Properties..."
So if the new document is different in this way - try to change it - or ask for changing the new document to the previous templates. It might help...

BTW, the standard Windows fonts (Arial, Courier, Times New Roman, etc.) almost always cause numerous weird troubles in the DTP programs, especially with non-Latin (Cyrillic, Hebrew etc.) characters... Ever since Windows 95 as I remember
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Local fonts in Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »