Terminology Verification (check for non-usage) Not Supported for Some Languages
Thread poster: Owen Witesman
Owen Witesman
Owen Witesman
Local time: 16:25
Finnish to English
+ ...
Nov 4, 2022

I recently learned that the non-usage of terms feature in terminology verification is not supported for some languages (list below) in Studio 2019, and it appears that the same is true in 2022. I find this completely bizarre, and a huge black eye for SDL.

Does anyone know of (1) a workaround in Trados, (2) another tool/plugin I could use, or (3) what other CAT tool I could switch to for these languages that will function as advertised and allow for easy migration from Trados?
... See more
I recently learned that the non-usage of terms feature in terminology verification is not supported for some languages (list below) in Studio 2019, and it appears that the same is true in 2022. I find this completely bizarre, and a huge black eye for SDL.

Does anyone know of (1) a workaround in Trados, (2) another tool/plugin I could use, or (3) what other CAT tool I could switch to for these languages that will function as advertised and allow for easy migration from Trados?

The most urgent languages for me are Nepali and Hindi. I'm using local termbases.

MI Maori
AM Armenian
MT Maltese
KK Kazakh
KA Georgian
HI Hindi
BN Bengali
PA Punjabi
GU Gujarati
OR Oriya
TA Tamil
TE Telugu
KN Kannada
ML Malayalam
AS Assamese
MR Marathi
SA Sanskrit
KOK Konkani
NEP Nepali
DIV Divehi
SYR Syriac
Collapse

Siddhant Patel

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology Verification (check for non-usage) Not Supported for Some Languages

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »